My Weekend in Review
The weekend seemed to have gone by so fast. With the time change and all, it gets dark before we even get to finish what we want to do. I'm a winter person. I love the cold weather. I even love the rain. But with Jake getting asthma due to cold weather, it's hard to do things once it gets dark and cold outside. Last year was difficult for the little guy. I hope this year, winter is more gentle with him.
Jake had his second dose of flu shot last Friday. I'm just relieved that even with the flu shot shortage, babies under 2 are part of the flu shot priorities. E was pissed off last week when her doctor didn't advise her that Baby E wouldn't be able to get her 2nd dose of flu shot since the doctor's office ran out of vaccines. It's very disappointing to say the least. Jake wasn't a happy camper when Dr. A walked in the room. He was ok at first, answering 'good' when she asked him how he was doing. But the minute he laid down on the table, he knew what was coming. On top of his flu shot, he also got a shot for his Pneumonia vaccine. He wasn't too happy to get 2 shots that night. My poor Jake.
The weekend for us started on Thurs, 11/4. J&C came by for our bi-monthly dinners, bringing with them suman (sweet sticky rice dessert) and brazo de mercedes (cholesterol-laden dessert made out of egg whites and egg yolks). The suman was perfect for the cold weather we've been having. It was nice to have them over again. It was the first time C saw the new place since we moved 3 weeks ago. Jake loves having Ninong and Tita Ninang over. It's almost a year since their impromptu wedding and it's hard to believe time went by so fast. They're going to Hawaii for their anniversary. Hopefully, Baby P will join us soon :).
The girls spent Friday night with us, totally unplanned. M&D picked the girls up from school and had dinner with us after going to the mall. They were supposed to spend the night with M&D and then Saturday night with us...but come 9:00, both girls were so sleepy that Mom decided they just stay the night. With no pajamas on hand, they had to settle for my shirts and pajama shorts :). They slept in Jake's room and woke up early enough to move to our bed. Me and the Big Guy, with 3 kids on our bed. He made a hearty breakfast for us in time for C to come and pick them up. Bel ended up going home with C and Inna spent the day with us. She was loving it at our house because she got to wear my bathrobe after her shower, dry her hair with my blowdryer and put on whatever lotion/perfume/make-up she found of mine. She loved it! Both sets of parents came for dinner and R&Y also stopped by for coffee and Inna spent the night with M&D.
I went through my boxes and boxes of clothes yesterday and I have more maternity clothes to give to S. I'm so happy when I see her wearing my maternity clothes. I'm glad she gets to make use of them. E also started giving her baby toys that Baby E is no longer using. I need to purge some of Jake's clothes as well. Surely I don't need to keep all of them. Last night, I was putting Jake to sleep and while cuddling in bed, I started to teach him how to say Happy Holidays. I figured it was easier to teach him Happy Holidays than Merry Christmas. He could say it but in syllables, which is ok with me.. (ha-pee-ha-lee-days!). Then I thought I'll teach him how to say Jingle Bells. I said Jingle Bells in hopes that he would follow me. But instead, he started laughing like crazy. I said it again. The more he laughed. He was laughing so hard that the Big Guy had to come in and check what was going on because he can hear Jake's laughter through the baby monitor. Jake is such a character. I hope he doesn't lose his love for laughter :).
Toodles People.


0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home