It's the little things...
Last night, I decided to use my brand new paper shredder. Ok fine call me a geek - but like I said, it's the little things ... Since the cord was short and we didn't have an extra extension cord, I had no choice but to do my paper shredding by the kitchen on the floor. I was hesitant at first because I knew that Jake's curiosity would be poked and he would want to do what I was doing. True enough - the minute he heard the shredder go grrrr, he was instantly at my side, grabbing his own stash of paper and wanting to do some shredding himself. I was weary because his little fingers could easily get caught in the hole (trust me, I know this because he already did this at Papa Dy's house and it scared the heebies out of me). Since he wouldn't leave me alone, I figured I'll let him help me but I will use my hand as barrier to stop his little fingers from going any further than it needs to. You should've seen the excitement in his face when the paper slowly but surely went down into the bin. When it was all gone, he looked at me and started cheering and clapping his hands like it was THE best thing ever. I looked at the Big Guy, who was just watching us all this time, and I was so amazed at how excited Jake was at accomplishing something like that, when to me, it was really nothing extraordinary. It's unbelievable how, in Jake's eyes, the little things mean so much. I'm glad the little act which to me was a chore, gave him so much excitement for the night :).
** Big news!!! I'm not quite allowed to divulge the big news just yet - but it's definitely great!!! Congratulations :)!!!
** Getting closer and closer to our vacation....
** The Big Guy's Big Day coming up...
I've been craving for creme brulee since Saturday. And I've been bugging the Big Guy about my craving since then. I don't know where the yearning came from (and no, I'm not pregnant!) - but it's as if I can almost taste it. He said we go to Goldilocks for leche flan but leche flan is no creme brulee. So he said we try Cheesecake Factory but they carry cheesecake, not creme brulee. So the hunt is on... If anyone knows a local place that serves great creme brulee, please let me know? :)


0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home