More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

lundi, août 01, 2005

A Day in a Life of a Stay-at-Home Mom

It's still surreal that I've been home a week now...without having to wake up in the morning to beat the morning rush. Nowadays, I wake up when I wake up, or when the little boy tells me to wake up :). Today alone - he didn't wake up until 10:30am, so it was peace and quiet for a while.

Right now, the house looks like a mayhem - with Lego blocks all over the floor, the bike parked in the hallway, his 'shopping cart' toppled over with the pretend food stuff scattered all over. And that's just the living room. In the kitchen, there are traces of cherry yogurt on the table, plus papers left to dry after our finger-painting session after lunch. I'm sure there's a gummy grape waiting to get stepped on somewhere around the house too.

But the highlight of the day for this all-0f-a-sudden Stay-At-Home Mom?! The tiny brown squirt in the toilet :)!
.........This whole potty training can be maddening. Jake is now congnisant when he has done #1 or #2. When he does #2, all of a sudden he will tell you "I'm not done yet!" That's our cue that our little miracle is doing his own miracle. Twice, I tried to put him in the toilet after his announcement and I seemed to have interrupted his business. Today, I was so 'happy' to see one small brown squirt in the toilet. Whew! Next - to try to get him to do the whole deed in toilet before he makes his announcement!

It was so fun having lunch with him today. We sat on the dining table and had a 'conversation' about whatever. Snakes, pasta (which we had for lunch), and every thing and every one in the world! It was quite interesting. I don't know who was stimulated - him or me! :)