More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

mercredi, juin 15, 2005

Big Mama's Dilemma

The Big Guy and I were informed by our childcare provider that she has decided to close her daycare effective 7/15. The news brought me close to tears because Jake loves her place and looks forward (most of the time) to going there in the mornings 3x a week. It was so heart-breaking and after reading her "official" letter, I sat in the living all stoic, not knowing if I was going to finally cry it all out or what. I called my parents but they weren't home. I called my sister and gave her the news. I got online and researched daycare facilities in the area. My panick has officialy began.

The thing is, Jake has been going to Mama C's house since he was 10mos old. That's 1 year and 4 months ago. It was hard to leave him under someone else's care, but the fact that Mama C was a close friend of the family made the transition much easier. I knew she loved Jake and I knew Jake would be safe in her care. Jake loves Mama C just the same. He looks for her even on the weekends, and on occasions where we would see Mama C and her family, Jake gets overly excited :). Jake has also made friends in daycare. If you ask him how his day went, he tells you with glee that he played with K, C, R, L, Mama C and Mama Ce (the other lady that watches them during the day).

I know finding another childcare would entail a lot from me and the Big Guy. From finding the right place where Jake feels comfortable, to checking the background and licenses, to making sure that we feel Jake should be there to grow and be stimulated. Talking about it to Es this morning made me all emotional again because it's not every day that I can fully trust someone else to take care of my child. He's the most precious thing I have...and I cannot just leave him under someone else's care without being 100% sure myself.

And so the search begins....in the meantime, can you include us in your thoughts and prayers? :)

Jake tidbits...

(Jake and Mama on the way to daycare this morning - Jake singing Old McDonald in the back seat)
Jake: "Old McDonald had a farm..E-I-E-I-O!"
Mama: "Jake, you sing very well."
Jake: "I know"

(Jake playing by himself at home)
Jake (singing): "WOWOWEE...."
** Wowowee is a Filipino variety show that he sees on TFC. We subscribed to one channel since it was a dirt cheap promo from the cable company. Now it's the little one who is hooked.

(Jake singing while getting his diaper changed...)
"ISH Bananas...B-A-N-A-N-A-S! Ish Bananas...B-A-N-A-N-A-S!"
** At 27mos, already a Gwen Stefani fan.

A couple more things on my mind....

- I can't believe MJ walks away with no guilty charge whatsoever! And you thought he was weird!

- I was watching a Filipino variety show on tv over the weekend and found out it was Philippine Independence Day. Some singers (famous at that) were singing songs full of Filipino Pride. Nothing wrong with that, right? What I found 'ironic' about it all, is that all these singers/actors (in the Philippines, if you're an actor, you're also a singer and vice versa) walking around claiming Pinoy Pride and all, urging people to patronize Filipino first....and yet they're the ones with blue, green, hazel contact lenses, rhinoplasties done to 'improve' their Filipino nose, skins whitened with microdermabrasions and fully praising their dermatologists on air, and speaking in English to an audience mainly consisting of people who aren't of middle-class stature. Can someone please explain to me how these actors/singers can have the audacity to preach Pinoy Pride when they themselves don't practice it? I'm so confooosed..........