More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

mercredi, août 09, 2006

Conversations with Jake...

Me: So Jake, how was school today?
Jake: Fine.
Me: Did you get to see the horses?
Jake: Yes Mama.
Me: How many were there?
Jake: 2 brown ones
Me: Who brought the horses to the school?
Jake: The police.
Me: Did you get to ride the horse?
Jake: I'm not a police.

Jake has been having nose bleeds for the past couple of days so when I got home and saw that his nose was dirty...
Me: Why is your nose dirty?
Jake: That's what you call boogers, Mama.

Jake: Why do you and Daddy go to work a lot?
Me: Because we need the money, sweetie.
Jake: Oh yeah - I forgot. We need money for San Diego :)
* Forget the bills, we need it for San Diego!

*****

I'm loving Ella's Mom right now! :)
She is into Ziploc bags, like me!
Ziploc is my best friend when I pack - and apparently, it is hers too!
Ahh.. kindred spirits, my friend.

****

I found out yesterday that L-the-Ex is engaged. I am truly, so very happy for him. He is a good man who is deserving of everything that he has going for him, and I wish him nothing but happiness and blessings as he starts his new life. There are a handful of reasons why we can't be friends (but we are in good terms) but there is absolutely no reason why we can't be happy for each other. Congratulations, L!
...And after all the obstacles
...It's good to see you now with someone else
...And it's such a miracle that you and me are still good friends
...After all that we've been throughI know we're cool
...We used to think it was impossible
...Now you call me by my new last name
...Memories seem like so long ago
...Time always kills the pain

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hey Jo -

That's really cool that you and your ex are still in good terms.

Jake's dialogues are soo funny. I think kids are a lot smarter than what we give them credit for.

mercredi, août 09, 2006 10:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Oh, by the way, just left this as a comment on my blog. I "think" you might be able to relate:

...I love making lists. I love making grocery lists. Shopping lists. Lists for parties that I need to plan. Lists for gifts that I need to give. Lists for thank you cards that I need to send. Lists for pieces in my wardrobe that I need to buy. Aw, the list of lists just goes on.

Oh, and someday I'll take a picture of my closet and you can freak out about how obsessive I really am. jewelry is hung neatly on their own little hooks, I have baskets for everything. Clothes are arranged by hue. I have big clear bins labeled appropiately (swimming, socks, lingerie, handbags, and so on). It's quite sad really....

Organized Living. Drool. Swoon. Faint.

mercredi, août 09, 2006 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Josephine said...

Hi Jeline! Yeah, I think it's a good thing too. It's sad when there's so much anymosity after a break-up. I think the older we get, the more we forget why there was a break-up to begin with, but just be thankful of the time spent with the person. He was happy for me when I got engaged, I don't see why I couldn't be the same :). Did you get my email about your hubby and me going to the same HS? Small world!

Ems: I make lists too! I love making lists. Sometimes my lists migrate to notebooks, and binders full of ideas. I think it's the inner "Monk" in us too, I totally agree with you. You are so making me happy knowing there's another nutso out there like me :)

vendredi, août 11, 2006 10:39:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home