More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

lundi, décembre 04, 2006

That's it?

The weekend went by so quickly - it seemed like it was just one day and that was it. Especially now with the holidays coming up, it seems like I need more days on the weekends just to accomplish what needs to be done. Try to squeeze in all the holiday parties and obligations we have to attend. There's just absolutely not enough days! Nuts!!

We started our weekend off early though -
We took the little boy to watch High School Musical The Concert on Friday night. We bought the tickets last month but because the show was only going to be in town for one night, the tickets were sold out just. like. that. We sat at the nose bleed section, but oh well..it was great to be there nonetheless. Jake actually didn't even know we were going and not until we got inside SIL's car (we carpooled with them but sat in different sections) did he find out where we were headed. He was a little bummed that his favorite "Troy" wasn't there and they had somebody else in his place, but all in all, Jake was in heaven.





It was a little disappointing because they used the HS Musical name to plug their individual albums ("Gabriella", "Sharpei", "Troy" and that guy Corbin Bleu) but once they started singing the songs from the movie, Jake was a happy camper. All in all, it was great and what we paid for, albeit the sucky ass seats, was totally worth it!

** Just trust me when I say that they were all there, even if the pictures are too small :)

We've done pretty good in terms of tackling the Christmas shopping. We did most of it online (again) on Thanksgiving night/early morning. While everyone passed out from all of the trytophan from the turkey meal, or the insane people were actually out in the cold waiting in line for stores to open - the husband and I were warm and cozy, in pajamas, spending the night at my parents' house and was shopping online at 2am! We managed to tackle most of the kids gifts, and some of Jake's Christmas gifts as well. We are almost halfway through our list - not bad at all. We did go to the outlets with my brother and Y the Saturday after Thanksgiving but it wasn't as crazy as we thought it would be. For some reason, even working for Retail, I have yet to spend one crazy shopping day on Black Friday.

The weather is finally get cooler. I. love. it!
My winter coats are finally coming out of hibernation.

The BFF and her family are scheduled to fly in on 12/23.
We will beat the holiday crowd and head to Disneyland after the New Year. Maybe I can celebrate my birthday there? :)
I can't wait to see her. I miss her so much!
We were at the mall tonight and I found the perfect gift for her...
Who else do I know would love a Christian Dior blotting paper with case? Only her! Only her!




Our yearly newsletter is done and printed. We finally got the perfect picture for our cards. I finished those that need to be sent overseas and slowly but surely, I will get to finish all the cards. Hopefully before the New Year. Ha!!

The gifts need to be wrapped. For some reason, I'm not in the mood, but I think gifts are better wrapped. Gift bags ruin the element of surprise.

I need to get off my a$$. We got a lot of cleaning to do. We got friends coming over this weekend :). I love holiday parties!

Libellés : , ,