What seemed like a trip to hell...
After almost 5 days of consecutively HAAAT weather, it has finally cooled down a bit.
It’s even gloomy here in the city, which is very welcoming, considering the fact that my feet almost got burnt from walking outside on Friday. The heat coming from the ground up, paired with the sandwiched heat between buildings was too much to handle.
I pity those who have to dress up for work: The suits! The pantyhose (which I thought no one wore anymore)! The shirts! The horror!
It looked like one big summer party here at work on Friday, with people in dresses, (work) shorts, sandals…
Loved. It!
However, going home on a hot Friday night was a different subject!
It felt like I was going downstairs to the platform, and getting on the train straight to hell.
It was THAT hot!
It was so hot that you can smell the metals burning – that gross, tar-like smell. YUCK!
Every time the train car opened, you can smell and feel the sweat and heat coming from inside. It was disgusting.
For the life of me, I have no idea why BART doesn’t have air-conditioning.
And at times, it feels like the heater is on. What the freak?!
I got on my train, which was 20mins late…
And got squished between big people… and stinking people… and greasy people…
I finally got to sit down 3 stops after…
But then the heat got to be too much.
The sun was on my face.
I can see myself “glistening” with the reflection on my iPod.
My tissue wasn’t cutting it.
I had nothing in my purse to fan myself with, except for two pieces of paper which I tore off of my address book (good thing I don’t know anyone with the Y-Z last names!!!).
Finally I called the husband and asked him to come pick me up at the nearest stop because I was getting off.
I couldn’t stand it anymore.
I really thought I was going to hurl.
I was getting light-headed and it felt like – if I wasn’t going to throw up right there, I was going to faint.
So I got off 4 stops away from mine… and waited for the boys to come.
As soon as I saw the husband’s car, I crossed the street, got in the car where the air-conditioning was on at full blast…
… and started crying!
I was hyper-ventilating and crying! It was THAT bad.
** I wasn’t lying when I said I should write about my daily train experiences. It would make for a nice bathroom read :)
Libellés : Whatever, Working Mama


0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home