So here's the dillio...
I got the pink slip from work yesterday. I had a feeling. It was a sudden feeling but I knew it was coming. I didn't know how I knew. I just felt it. I called the husband to get ready because I just might not have a job by the end of the day.
Ironically, I had lunch with a friend/former boss who was also on her way home from getting laid off. Times are hard. Very hard. Everyone is hit. And I am on of them.
I've never been good at saying good-byes but I had to gather it all together and do it. I had a great time. I had a job I really loved. It's just the sign of the times. Yesterday, I was shit out of luck. The boys picked me up from the train, we headed over to my mom's where my sister and the girls were waiting for me with a big hug.
I told all my friends, and enormous amount of support and love and concern is overwhelming. I realize, it is not the end of the world as my mom said. I have a husband who supports me and a little boy who is thrilled that I get to be home with them. My family and friends have been amazing. These are enough reasons for me to know that I am lucky. And that I'll be ok.


6 Comments:
I was shocked when I read your text and email too, but know that we are praying for you. It's truly the sign of the times. Everyone is feeling it. We've had to tighten our belts and brace ourselves for the rough ride too. If you need a friend, I'm always here for you.
Ah that bites. I did not think the economy was this bad, but everyone is really feeling it.
Maybe this is the time to do the things you couldn't -- train for a run, yoga regularly, learn a language...but dont forget to relax a bit muna.
Hugs
M
Thanks Mickee - it's hard, but you know, if it didn't happen to me, it would've happened to someone else. And maybe that someone wouldn't be as lucky as me. I still think God works in ways that I may not understand now, but in due time. So for now, I'm taking a breather... and enjoying life.
Mia - adn we never got to meet up for lunch :( Yeah, things are hard. I guess people would rather buy necessities, than spend $25 on foundation, you know? I started to let my frustration and aggression on running. I got up on Wednesday, got the boys ready for their day, put on my running shoes and ran. And it felt good. Now, maybe I can learn to cook ;).
Hey Jo - I'm glad you are looking at the bright side. don't worry you're smart, great person they will be a fool to not hire you on your next interview. You do what you love, because of passion and not the money. Enjoy every day with Jake, remember what a bliss it was before when you spent a few months at home with J? Just shoot us an e-mail if you need anything. I agree with Mai, time to check off some of those personal goals. Marathon anyone? here's a big (((hug)))
Thanks Jeline - what you said is very comforting, as with all of the encouraging words from friends and family. For now, I'm taking a breather... and yes, time to check off what's been on my to-do list that I never seemed to have enough time for.
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home