More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

dimanche, novembre 30, 2008

Wow!

25 days without blogging? That's a new record for me!!!

It seems that now that I'm not working, I seem to have no time to blog at all. As if I am really all that busy! And it's not like I'm not doing anything worth blogging about. I guess, along with my professional life, my blogging has come to a halt as well. I feel so rusty, it's gross! Just like today when my mom enlisted me to write her annual holiday newsletter to send out to family and friends. She gave me bullet points and highlights of what she wants the letter to touch on but for the life of me, I stared at the screen not having a single clue on how to begin. Crrrazy!

Anyways -

On the home front, The Big Guy celebrated his birthday on the 24th. He turned 35, which according to him doesn't really require me announcing it to the whole world but then again I am the same person who gets excited over birthdays, especially mine, so him turning 35 is a big deal for me! He took his anual birthday week/Thanksgiving week holiday so we got to spend the whole day together. At his request, we had dinner at our old hole-in-the-wall pho` place by our old house in San Jose and we took mom with us to celebrate. We celebrated his birthday again at Thanksgiving Dinner and at his request (again), everyone came with a dessert on hand, and our dining table was a sweet dream indeed! It was literally overflowing with cakes and pies and oh-so yummy desserts. And then, the piece de resistance was last night's dinner celebration with our best friends at Alimango. Damn that was a good dinner! Everyone ordered their own crab, and each one was to die for. Plus the noodles and the drinks. The drinks! The noodles and the drinks are enough for me to want to come back for more! All in all, the husband welcomed his 35th year happy, healthy and blessed!

My papa came home today, after a week and a half long stay in Manila. His homecoming was on a sad note as he went to pay his final respects to his older brother, who lost his battle with cancer at the age of 69. Although it was a bittersweet and necessary trip, we are glad to have him home safe. He missed Thanksgiving but we made sure to include him in our thoughts and send him lots of pictures from dinner ;). He is happy that Nelson's turkey was a success, but knowing my dad - he still thinks his turkey is much better! Ha!

Our friends, the D's, drove down from Oregon to celebrate Thanksgiving with us, much to our delight! They spent Thanksgiving with us last year, with them being so far away from family and all, but since they moved to Oregon in June, we didn't think they will be joining us again. But we loved having them over, and we can't wait to see them again! We love our D family - and their lovely dog, Toby :).

Something for me to brag about (and please indulge me) -
Is the fact that Jake got straight M's in his first trimester report card! How awesome is that?!?!?!


He of course has a lot of room for improvement, but we couldn't be any more proud of our little boy :).

With the holidays fast approaching, I need to get cracking on our holiday decor. I get so excited about Christmas, that I'm sure I'll have a blast decorating the house again.

Toodles....
And hopefully it doesn't take another 25 days for me to make an appearance.

Libellés : , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mickee said...

Jake is so smart because his parents are, too! Belated happy birthday to Nelson and belated happy thanksgiving as well! See you on the 14th!

lundi, décembre 01, 2008 3:51:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home