Mixed Emotions
Along with thousands of people, I sat vigil in front of the tv, waiting for every new detail about the Pope's condition. I woke up hesitantly on Saturday morning, fearing the news that the Pope might have passed away while we were peacefully asleep. It wasn't until noon when we received the news on tv - Pope John Paull II has joined the angels in heaven, continuously watching over us.
He's the only Pope I have ever known. I never had the privilege of being near him but he has touched my soul in inexplicable ways. I am not, by far, the most faithful...but through the Pope, He has made sure that I don't stray too far from Him. The Big Guy and my parents talk about how blessed and fortunate they feel about being near him as I'm sure my best friend C share sentiments of, being able to participate at the WYD in Manila a while back. For me, knowing him through his works, through his preachings was enough.
I did my share of crying. I sat there on the couch with my boys, the Big Guy reassuring me that it's ok to be sad.
But there are more things to look forward to...
...another Pope to continue the legacy.
...another Pope to continue the hope.


1 Comments:
I had the same feeling. I was sleeping when hubz texted me about his passing (I was on graveyard shift the previous night). Since I'm a light sleeper, the beep woke me up and I cried when I read the news. It was oh-so-sad. I haven't seen him in person but I also feel a deep connection. After all, he's the only Pope I know. But, like you said, he's an angel now - watching over us.
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home