Tagged by Mama Mickee...
How did you feel during those first few days after the birth?
I was overwhelmed for different reasons:
- Meeting my son for the first time (we didn't find out what we were having so it was a complete surprise!)
- Trying to make sense of the whirlwind of a labor and delivery that just happened. I had an emergency C-section to which I wasn't emotionally, physically and mentally ready for.
- EMOTIONAL! I cried that too many people came to visit. I cried that too many people wanted to hold my baby. I cried that I wasn't expressing any milk. I cried that I felt so helpless with the soreness from delivery.
How were you emotionally?
I was a WRECK! I cried over anything and everything. I cried tears of joy in finally seeing my baby. I cried and started to miss having my baby in my tummy and enjoying the little movements and flutters that only he and I shared. I cried. all. the. time!
Is there anything you wish people had told you about the postpartum period?
My Mom and sister were the BEST postpartume mentors. They told me like it is... so in a way I was prepared eventhough no one can really know how it is until they have to go through it. I knew what the expect :)
How long do you plan to breastfeed?
I breast-fed for 5mos. He weaned himself off and I wasn't ready to, and so yeah, that made me emotional again. I would've wanted to nurse him longer but he was ready to transition. Jake has been mixed-fed since birth since there wasn't enough supply coming from me. I hate it when people/women say there is enough milk for the baby if the mother just tries. I'm a walking poster child that it is possible not to have enough milk for your child and that there is nothing wrong with mixed-feeding.
Do you have any advice for getting through those first weeks of breastfeeding?
Don't give up! That's what my sister kept telling me! It hurted like a mo-fo for the first couple of weeks because Jake had a problem latching on. I had it all (TMI) - cracked, bleeding, soreness...but I knew I had to just suck it up for the sake of feeding my son. After a couple of weeks, all was well with Mama, Baby and boobees :).
Was there any stress between you and your husband over the baby?
Not at all! The Big Guy was a great coach and partnet - from the moment we found out we were pregnant, through labor and delivery and up to the late night feedings and diaper changing.
Let's talk about your body, did things get totally rearranged?
Where do I even begin with this? :). Thank goodness there's a LOT of things out there to prevent a post-pregnancy body from going all over the place!
Care to share how much you weighed before and how much now?
I'm pleading the 5th on this one :)
What advice-or comfort-can you offer other new moms about their weight?
So what if you can't fit in your pre-pregnancy clothes anymore...no one's really going to pay attention to you anymore...it's all about your cute little baby now :). And take it easy on yourself...
How important is it for you to have a work identity?
I think it's good for me, for my family and for my children to be contributing financially. It makes me feel good to be earning money. I think it's a partnership I can experience alongside the husband and it's empowering for the children to see their parents working hard to provide for them.
Was your baby a lot of fun right from the start?
Jake was very attentive right after birth. It seemed almost like he wanted to take in everything that was going on in his new environment. He was always alert and wide-eyed, looking around and absorbing everything in sight.



0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home