More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

vendredi, mai 26, 2006

I REALLY need to go shopping!

I really do...
And the weird thing is, even the Big Guy agrees and is urging me to.
But I'm dreading to go shoppping..
What the hell happened to me?

I have a lot of clothes. I have so many clothes that I haven't worn like 80% of it. You know how you get stuck in a rut and realize you have ONE perfect chinos, ONE perfect jeans, ONE perfect white shirt, ONE perfect sweater? I have that! And for some unknown reason, that's all I want to wear!

I stress out every night at 10:30 when I realize it's time to stand infront of our closet and just stare at the unknown. The boys lay on the bed and watch me in amazement. I stand there, quietly, staring and contemplating, and quickly turn around and scream "I don't know what to wear tomorrow!" The Big Guy brought up a good point: Because I haven't worked in almost a year (don't even count my stint with PB - that was just shopping money), I somehow forgot that I went on a mad-woman frenzy and donated a lot of clothes. Clothes that I thought I didn't need. Clothes that I thought I wouldn't wear anymore. Did I really think I was not going back to work?

Now, all I see in the closet are white shirts, khakis (my neighbor probably thinks I wear the same one every freakin' day!), jeans (I have them all - and the husband is even willing to 'donate' more Sevens in the collection!), khaki skirts, black shirts, denim jackets. OH - and add on the recent collection of cardigans, thanks in part to my fascination for the buttoned down sweater. You get the picture! But see, I'm comfortable in my uniform. BUT...I somehow can't see myself wearing my uniform every single day!!!

I have tons of shoes too by the way - but somehow I tend to gravitate to just a couple of tried and tested! The other day, I thought I'd be cute and wear my black mules. Good god I couldn't wait for the day to end. By the time I got to my car, I could barely walk! Then I start thinking "why do women do this to themselves?" If I argue with HR that my Havaianas are covered with real Swarovski's, would they consider it appropriate enough to wear to work? So yeah, I need shoes too! The cute pair of Burberry's the husband scored me a month ago? I've only worn once! What the hell is wrong with me!

So - this long weekend, my mission is to go shopping. How fortuitous it is that I've been given one extra day to accomplish my mission. But in true greenmango fashion - I went online to preshop and what did I see? Nothing but khakis and whites from one of my favorite stores.



Just to show you how my wardrobe issue went this week:
Monday: Nordstrom Khakis, CK white shirt, vintage sweater, black flats
Tuesday: Brown Cardigan from Target (yes! I shop at Target!), white AE tank top, brown Anthropologie pants, black flats
Wednesday: Black tank top, Grey Cardigan from Target (same one, different color; if they had it in all shades, I would've bought it!), Black Ann Taylor pants, black (painful) mules
Thursday: CK white shirt (I told you have TONS of these!), JJill Khakis, red Coach shoes, Old Navy denim jacket
Friday: White tank top, camel Ann Taylor cardigan, linen skirt with cute ribbon and shell detailing from TJMaxx, and brown sandals

See the pattern here?!?!?!?!? I'm starting to think I must've been a real bitch in my former life to be punished like this...

Oh well - ENJOY the long weekend, people!

1 Comments:

Blogger Josephine said...

Oh Ems... I know you understand what I say when I wish it was always FALL :). It's my best season always... Summer just reaffirms that I'm not built for the season. Haaha! I'm so glad you're the same way - comfortable in the same ol' style always!

dimanche, juin 04, 2006 9:33:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home