*SIGH*
So..
I had a really crappy start to the long weekend.
I'm going to plead the 5th and not even confess what happened, or what I did.... let's just say I must've flushed my common sense down the toilet a long time ago.
It was a miserable, frightening, absolutely stupid Friday afternoon...
And did I learn my lesson you ask? Oh boy I sure did!
My Big Guy was such a knight and shining armour during my Friday mishap. I suppose God works it in such a way that He gives you someone different from you, so when worse comes to worst, that person steps up to the plate and handles things when you no longer can. Whew am I relieved! Thanks, Big Guy! You have no idea how you saved my ass (yet again!). Thank you...thank you!!
Anyways, just to prove how I really am my mother's daughter...
When upset (or happy...or mad...or whatever...), I find peace and comfort in my favorite place: The Mall!
The husband let me have free reign over the weekend and I did enough damage to 'cheer' me up a bit. Thank goodness for Memorial Day Weekend sale!!! As for Memorial Day itself, my brother invited us all over for a BBQ lunch. The husband cooked his famous tri-tip and Jake went swimming and had a great time!
Yesterday, the Big Guy and I spent a nice day together sans little boy. It was nice to have lunch and have a decent conversation without having to plead the little one to eat his food. We went shopping (again) and I bought my most-wanted summer sandals as well as a top for me and a shirt for Dad for Father's Day/Thank You. For the past three nights, we have been spending it up at my SIL's. Jake, is of course, ecstatic to be spending time with his cousins, J & EJ. MIL must be pulling her hair out, imagining how it would be to have her kids and their families all in one roof all. the. time. Tonight, we are going home. The commute for the husband was double the time it takes me to and from work so, as fun as it has been for the past days, it would be nice to be home again.
It's Friday. again. Darn I'm dreading the drive home. Ugh...!


0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home