More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

lundi, janvier 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

So it's 2007... big deal! :)
Just kidding... I just thought I'd start off the year with some sarcasm!

It's 10:30 am and we all just woke up from what seemed like a "I'm never gonna get any sleep" night. The neighbor's dog was barking up a storm until 4am and I was at my wits end! This is the same dog who kept barking for hours back in June. How can a dog bark for hours without missing a beat? Don't you think it would get tired? And how can the owners not hear their dog barking? And how can they not be embarassed that they are keeping everyone up?

I love dogs - don't get me wrong! But this particular dog has been driving me crazy for months! I literally called security every night back in July when this whole thing started. I called every single night to have someone come and talk to the neighbor. I called at 2am. At 3am. At 4am! You get the picture. It even seemed like the neighbor would bring the dog in after getting a visit from security, only to let the dog out again when the coast is clear!

Last night, it started again! I realize it was New Year's Eve and people were probably out late partying or whatever...but in my household, I have to deal with a 3yo who gets cranky when sleepy or gets interrupted in the middle of his sleep. Then I have to deal with THIS 30yo who gets crankier when she doesn't get to sleep peacefully! By 2:30am, I got up and called security again. I was told that patrol was to be dispatched in 10mins. Half an hour passed and the damn dog was still barking. I called again. I was told the patrol was en route. I got online to look for the non-911 number for the police department. The incessant dog barking can definitely fall under the noise ordinance!
By 4am, it was finally peace and quiet!

I felt like marching over to the neighbor's house last night to give them a piece of my mind. But in this day in age, you'll never know if a shotgun will meet you at the front door! But man, common courtesy people. I'm trying to get some freakin' sleep here! I will buy a shock collar for the damn dog and leave it anonymously on the neighbor's front door! Of course now that I mention it here, I couldn't do it for fear of being incriminated! But trust me - I will keep calling security and I will call 311 until the neighbor realizes how inconsiderate they are! Grr!

Yeah so I start the new year being a bitch. Bite me!

Libellés :

1 Comments:

Blogger notquitestandard said...

yapping dogs are always hard to deal with. good thing i have a dog that is too lazy to bark. he'll yelp a little, to let you know that he acknowledges the sounds of a would-be intruder, but that's about it.

thanks for hte lovely xmas card!

mercredi, janvier 03, 2007 1:06:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home