More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

mercredi, octobre 17, 2007

The weekend that was...

What was supposed to be a Welcome Baby Shower for dear friend K, ended up being a food and karaoke fest instead.

I wasn't aware that K had called me on Friday night and when I checked my voicemail, all she said was that she wanted to talk to me but if I don't get a hold of her, I can speak with her hubby, J.
I finally got a call from B Saturday morning while out and about with Jake running errands for the party and B told me that K has been admitted to the hospital for gall bladder surgery. The poor thing :(.
After phone call exchanges between B, B and J, B and me, me and A - we decided to go through with dinner anyway since everyone's already had it planned.

The C family brought pie and B's yummy chicken with ginger and the S family brought salad and cupcakes. The husband was busy running around the kitchen and cooked 'baby' food in honor of Baby J - baby back ribs, baby corn, baby carrots, cupcakes and even mini corn dog for the kids. Come to think of it, we must've been pretty eager to eat... I didn't even take pictures of the food. (Hmmm... B and A - did you guys take pictures of the table/food?).


After dinner, while the kids were busy running around like crazy inside the house - the grown ups busted out the singing talents. It was certainly a hoot!!! The ranges of song selection were a riot! The karaoke session lasted until midnight - and the vibrations from the voices must've been too much that our wall fixture actually fell off the wall!!! That called it a night - and I have a feeling that if that little wall incident didn't happen, the singing would've gone on for hours.




K, M and T were certainly missed - but this just gives us another reason to get together again (more karaoke perhaps?)

Libellés :