More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

jeudi, juin 11, 2009

First Grade, Here I Come!

I can remember when you fit in the palm of my hand
Felt so good in it, no bigger than a minute
How it amazes me, you're changing with every blink
Faster than a flower blooms they grow up all too soon

So let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little

I've never felt so much in one little tender touch
I live for those kisses, prayers and your wishes
Now that you're teaching me things only a child can see
Every night while we're on our knees all I ask is please

Let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little

So innocent, a precious soul, you turn around
It's time to let them go

So let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little

Let them be little


I still remember how I was on Jake's first day of school -
... How I cried for a week before school started
... How I was a hot mess the second we left him in the his class
... How I hoped he wouldask for us to not leave him
... How I wanted him to cry out for us

Instead, Jake excitedly and eagerly walked in his class room, smiled and waved us goodbye and went straight to meeting new friends.

My boy went through Kindergarten like a breeze and had no problems at all. He was even voted as Best Reader by the end of the year. His report cards were straight M's (Meets Expectations) for the whole year and even with missed school days (mostly, due to his severe allergies), he didn't fall behind.

The Big Guy and I are so proud of him. Sometimes, I wish I can hold him back because it feels like he's moving too fast. But when I see the excitement and hope in his eyes, I can only take a step back and watch him flourish - full of life, full of eagerness, full of desire!

We love you, Jake! :)

Libellés :