More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

jeudi, février 05, 2009

Because I'm having the urge...

I've been having the biggest urge to shop ... like selfishly shop but since I'm not working and financial obligations have to be prioritized, I get a kick out of shopping for the home essentials instead :). It satisfies my craving ... for now. How long has it been since I got a new purse again? Don't remind me.

Anyways .. I've been out of commission for the past couple of days and when I say I was sick, I. Was. Sick. It wasn't even funny sick. It was like "I think I'm going to kill myself instead" sick because if it wasn't one, it was the other. My throat started to hurt for no reason. Then came the chills, and a slight fever, and then the voice went away. I self-diagnosed myself with strep yesterday (thanks webMD) and was highly confident I diagnosed it right. Only to wake up this morning with less of a sore throat, but still no voice. My mom (who is in MNL) texted me that it's not strep because of reasons she asked me to answer Y or N which I mostly answered N. This is why I'm not in the medical field. Go figure. Thank goodness it's not strep. Although my throat and the roof of my mouth is all numb with Halls and Sucrets and every other lozenges the husband was able to get his hands on at Walgreens.

The house has been a mess. Not to say the husband didn't pull his weight while I was passed out for 2 days. He had ME to take care off so that about sums up all of the time he had on his hands, sparring what he had to do for Jake. Yesterday while he was out with Jake, I cleaned up the kitchen and felt pretty proud of myself. Until I felt like throwing up. Then I said, nahh... don't push your luck! Today however is, like Will.I.Am's song... It's A New Day!!

I have chicken marinating in the fridge for dinner (yes - me cooking! Shhh!) thanks to Mama B for the recipe.
I have the laundry and drier simultaneously running! I'm tired of seeing my boys in clothes that I would rather not see them in.
I vacuumed the area rugs.
I even had time to do my nails!

So I am rejoicing at getting well. Hell to the yeah!!
But I hope the husband hasn't forgotten the massage he said he was going to give me. For that, I will act the fool again and pretend. HA!

Libellés :

1 Comments:

Blogger Mickee said...

Oh my - there's a bug going around! Calix had the flu just recently and Kail now has cough and colds. Whenever we go to their pedia, there seem to be a lot of kids sick too!

Well, for all it's worth, I really hope you'd continue to get better.

p.s. Glad to hear from you again!

vendredi, février 06, 2009 1:36:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home