More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

vendredi, novembre 12, 2004

I can almost taste it...

So the husband emails me and asks "do we have ramekins?" (Nuts... I knew we should have registered for some). The second I read it, I knew what he was up to! Creme Brulee...here I come!!! He has decided to make some for me instead since he's raving about this kick-ass recipe he found on the Food Network (gotta love the man! He knows his resources!). So I said we don't, but what we have is gift certificate at Crate and Barrel. So he said - we'll go buy ramekins and a kitchen torch (I've ALWAYS wanted one...for what..I don't know... it just sounds cool that we have one) and I am THIS close to eating my creme brulee. I'm so excited!!!

Today was L's last day and we had one great goodbye lunch at Ray's Sushi. E and I shared 4 plates of sushi plus tempura ice cream. It's almost 5:30pm (time to go home) and yet I can still taste the food. That's what I get for eating too much. I feel like yacking. It was a sad thing - but honestly, this could be THE best thing she has done for herself. I envy her. I honestly do. If I can afford to quit and stay home in my pajamas with Jake the whole day...why the hell not?!?!?!

Best Friend C texted me last night and said that in 2 weeks, she is scheduled for a C-section. That puts her at 32 weeks. She has been in and out of the hospital and after grueling tests, the doctor feels that Baby Ella (Isabella Marie) is safe enough to come out by then. Poor C has had one awful pregnancy but her spirits are up and she can hardly wait! I'm so excited. I just received the PBK Christmas catalog and was planning on ordering a personalized stocking for Jake and now I can get one for Ella as well.

Have a good weekend people! Take care!