More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

lundi, février 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day

As cheesy as it is - I hope you get tons of red stuff with doilies and sh*t! :)
I'm not a big Valentine's Day person (I think it's SO over-rated) so pardon me for not being as excited as the cube dweller next to me who has flowers and balloons and all that red crap all over her desk. I'm one of those who think "why can't you indulge me with stuff like this every day? Why do you have to wait for ONE day?" And it's that one day when normally a dozen roses can cost you a sit-down lunch, today would cost you a sit-down lunch ... and your first born child.

The Big Guy and I have this 'tradition' of spending no more than $10 for each other on Valentine's Day. BUT...the $10 must be spent on the cheesiest crap ever. It's always been a discussion the next day as to 'who won' and who was the cheesiest... but hey, it works out and it's so much fun :). This year, he wanted a watch which is by far not the cheesiest way to go but it made my gift picking a LOT easier. I wonder what he's getting me. Oh and yes, he's gotten me them BIG cards with doilies and stuff all over it. If that's not cheese, I don't know what is.

We spent some QT with the IL's this weekend. SIL (who is having another boy, by the way) had to undergo some medical procedure. She's doing fine. We're waiting for news but she's doing fine, and so is the baby. FIL did our taxes too. BUMMED THE HELL OUT OF ME! We're not getting anything. Well, we broke even. Paying Federal but getting something from State. It sucks! Oh well...

Did some damage this weekend up at the Outlets...
- Coach holder for my SideKick (buhbye to the ugly patent case it came with. Yuck!)
- Burberry stuff for the Big Guy, Jake and my BFF's daughter/my goddaughter

It's been so quiet here at work with China closed for the CNY. I'm loving it!!!

Have a good one people!!! And keep them doilies for next year.