More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

mardi, mars 01, 2005

I'm so bored...

...I've lost my mojo for work lately. No. FOrget that. I STILL love what I do but it's the people I work with that I absolutely can't stand so that makes me not enjoy being at work! The Big Guy got an earful about this last night and so I figured, today - I'm going to do something about it. My resume has been updated on Monster and hopefully, this leads to bigger and better opportunities.

...So I sit at work doodling the whole day because I don't feel like working. I have things to do - new projects to work on, but no umph whatsoever!

...So I figured I'd do this instead.

20 Things About Me and the Big Guy
1. We've been married since May 18, 2002. That's almost 3 years if you're counting!
2. We honeymooned in Maui and Disneyland. My family and our friends came to join us in Disneyland - there were 15 of us all together! That was a LOT of fun!
3. In our attempts to have a traditional Filipino wedding, we picked the oldest church in the area which we thought most resembled a church in the Philippines.
4. We are both Spartans :)
5. We dated for 7 months before he 'unofficially' proposed and formally asked for my hand in marriage 10 months into the relationship with the traditional pamanhikan.
6. We live in San Jose where I grew up. We live approx 2.0 miles away from my parents' house in Milpitas :).
7. We hold hands as often as we can. It's been a challenge lately with one pushing the stroller :>.
8. We sometimes even hold hands in bed until we fall asleep.
9. We squeeze each other's hand 3x for "I Love You" - just so you won't get grossed out when you're around us :)
10. We love Japanese food. And so does our son, Jake.
11. He was born on March 7, 2003 - one week before his due date. We are so crazy about this boy and all of his little antics. We used to say Marriage is highly recommended - now we add Parenthood to the list. We just can't get enough of him!
12. We dream of living in Maui and opening up our own restaurant (with the Big Guy as the chef of course!)
13. We dream of owning our very own "Asian-inspired" retreat - SOON!
14. If we won the lottery, we would first make sure that our little boy is taken cared for, and that our families are comfortable. We also have our friends as part of the people that will share in our blessing. Oh how we wish....
15. We don't have pets YET but we someday would like to own an English bulldog.
16. The Big Guy and I share a freshly brewed cup of coffee (almost) every night before bed. No instant coffee in our household - he painstakingly grinds the beans and uses the french press for a TRULY fresh cup of joe.
17. He is the cook in the house and he's great at it. I'm the cleaner and I'm great at it.
18. He loves shopping - and no, I had nothing to do with it!
19. We're best friends...
20. ...and we are SO in love :) Squeeze. Squeeze. Squeeze.

Jake turns 2 in 6 days. My - time flies by fast! The Big Guy and I took the day off on Monday so we can take the little monster somewhere. If the weather is good, maybe we'll take him to the zoo. If not, then to the aquarium we'll go. He is so active and talkative now. It's hard to believe how he progresses every single day. He now fully recognizes all letters and most of his numbers. He associates the animals with the sounds or movements that they make. He can now clearly communicate what he needs to by using his words. He can put together words for a complete sentence. He can sing along with us - be it his songs from Barney or the Big Guy's Barry Manilow songs or my "Leaving on a Jetplane" song. It's kinda cool actually. He remembers actions to songs. He clearly recognizes Target, McDonald's and Coke from the logos. Don't get me wrong - he's clearly entering the Terrible Twos...but for now, he's been in a good mood. Somewhat :). My little boy is no longer a baby. *sigh*