More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

mardi, août 30, 2005

I'm being tested...

Lately I feel like I'm being put to a test. What for and why - I don't know...but it sure seems like it. I know things happen for a reason, and situations happen to each person because we all can handle them in our own way, but I think for now I have the right to say that it sucks to be me. Don't worry - this pity wagon isn't going far...but I just need to sulk a little bit and then I'll be fine.

Things have been quite on the home front --

Over the weekend, I was given the honor to be Baby J's godmother. J&C, our dear friends, asked me to be J's ninang when we were with them at the hospital, 4 days after J's birth...and of course I accepted whole-heartedly. It's such a great honor and we (the Big Guy, Jake and I) started loving J even before he joined us. It's great to be part of his life - helping J&C with the preps for his shower, his baptism, ... just to be a part of his very new life. Congratulations Baby J - we love you dearly!

I was one brave girl last week too! I took public transportation by myself for the first time ever! :) I've taken BART before, but it was always with someone else. The thought of the train going under the waters of San Francisco Bay always freaked the hell out of me. Not that I've never taken public transportation before. I took the bus home in 11th grade when we moved but I didn't change schools. The last time I took BART was in 2001. And so to take it on my own took a lot of research on my part - finding out schedules online, etc... It was SO scary. And to top it off, the train that I was originally thinking of taking ended up being shut down since a man committed suicide and jumped on the tracks and got hit by the oncoming train. Ahh... what an experience!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hey Jo -

Keep your head up...you'll pass this test with flying colors. take care

mercredi, août 31, 2005 11:10:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home