Bonding over Champorado
The Big Guy and I have been really bad lately...
A couple of times in the past three weeks, we have had late night cravings for champorado. Why? I have no idea! But once the boy is down for the night, the husband and I would sneak out to share a bowl of hot champorado with crispy fried bacon! Glutons I tell you :)! Especially now that the weather is changing and the nights are getting chilly, a hot bowl of champorado topped with crispy bacon enjoyed on the couch, in pajamas, is THE best bonding ever!
It's almost Halloween - which means it's almost Thanksgiving - which means Christmas is just around the corner. The boys are busy carving pumpkins, one for the Big Guy and one for the little Guy. I can't believe some stores already have their Christmas decorations up already. Can't we wait atleast until Halloween is done? We stopped by the store tonight to get the pumpkin carver and Christmas cards are already up for pick. It's insane I tell you. I found a really neat website that will hopefully keep me organized this season. I have to hunt around for address again since my file was stored in our old laptop (which I sold on eBay!).
Mom finished hemming Jake's Halloween costume, just in time for Monday. We're heading to my sister's to do trick-or-treating there since the girls have school the next day. It should be more fun for the little boy this year; he's even practicing his "roar" (since he's going to be a lion) for when he goes house to house for treats.
Jake has been watching a lot of tv lately (gasp!), albeit numerous parenting books and magazines saying there should be a limit on the number of hours that children are exposed to the television. Ok - it's not like Jake is glued to the tv the whole day! But lately, he's been into Nick Jr., and so into Dora and Diego. At first I was weary of how much television he watches - but after this week, I realized that what he's watching couldn't possibly be so bad if it has taught him how to count 1 to 10 in Spanish. Yes, the little boy can count in Spanish thanks to Dora. Also, the other night when we were on the couch, he wanted us to help him get up but the husband and I weren't paying attention when all of a sudden he said "Mama, ayudame!" I was shocked! He just asked me to help him in Spanish :). Silly boy!
I've been enjoying Mommy Lunches with a couple of girlfriends and their babies. It's funny how the husbands seem to call and check in around the same time too! We meet up at the mall for lunch and just "power talk". Since J is off midweek and C is still on maternity leave, it's been great spending time with them sans the husbands. We're meeting at the mall again tomorrow and Jake is loving the time he gets to spend with R.
I haven't really been looking for work, although once in a while something interests me and I send in my resume. Mom and Mom E just remind us to be patient and that the right job will come along. The idea of moving out of state has crossed my mind, especially with recruiters adamantly calling me from all over, but somehow the idea of moving away from family is enough to make me put on blinders. *Sigh* Mom E also expressed that 'hopefully we'll stay in the area' :).
Potty training has been successful this week. It's weird how one day he's so enthused and the next, he's terrified of the potty. Last week was frustrating for me because he would cry hysterically when I would remove his diapers. So I figured, I will go by his lead. I don't want this to be a terrifying experience for him and ultimately hate going to the toilet. This week has been better. Last night for some odd reason, the boy was up at 3am ready to play. At 4am, he told me he had to go poop and asked to go to the toilet, which of course I happily (although sleepily) obliged. He sat there and did his deed and I was so relieved. It didn't matter that it was 4 o'clock in the morning and I highly doubted there was any toddler awake doing the exact same thing he was. We were both fast asleep by 5am, and by the time he woke up in the morning, he was ready to do the deed again (which he did). Hopefully this continues.... No one said it was this hard to potty train a little boy. I'm just amazed he can aim right :).
Toodles!


5 Comments:
In the Philippines, Christmas songs start playing by September!
Soon I'll be seeking your advice on potty training.... :)
I'm free on Sunday (probably just church from 11:30 to 1) but I'll try to hear mass on Saturday evening instead.
Hola Josephine!! I was just reading your posts and wanted to comment. I stumbled upon your Blog when I was looking for online love powerful spells but who knew I'd find such cool reads. I liked the this post post, ha ha.
Josephine - Not exactly what I was looking for, was looking for authentic love spells. But good reads here. Will stop back to check in and see what's new.
Josephine - Not exactly what I was looking for, was looking for love spells for marriage. But good reads here. Will stop back to check in and see what's new.
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home