More Green Mangoes...
More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)
lundi, octobre 10, 2005
"Forgiveness is giving up hope that the past could have been different.
It just means when you know better, you do better.
If you had known better at that time, you would have done better.
Strength over time equals power."
I'm hitting an obstacle with the potty training. The stuff I've read never mentioned anything about stages - that sometimes they'd do it, sometimes they won't. My sister finally told me that it takes a LOT of patience (which I have to pray for to get an extra dosage of) and in due time. In the meantime, we'll continue to hear the toilet flushing every 10 minutes and consume a roll of toilet paper a day. *Sigh*
My mom is mad cleaning their house right now while she's on vacation...and of course, her cleaning means everyone cleans as well. She has separated our stuff per section in the garage (this pile is yours, this pile is C's, etc...). I came across boxes and boxes of letters that BFF C and I have exchanged throughout the years. I wondered what I was going to do with them, but the Big Guy was the one who told me I should hold on to them and not throw them away. Those letters, hundreds and hundreds of them are very sentimental and one day, when I'm old and grey, I would love to sit back and re-read them again. I found one letter dated back in '97 when she told me started dating D, who is now her husband. In it she said "I think he's the one" - and she's right. I think I will give her a copy of that letter on their wedding anniversary. I know she'd like it :). I can't throw away her letters because I know she has kept every single one of mine. I just hope my children will find the same sentiments in the letters and not just throw them away when I'm dead ;). I saw some more "mementos of my youth" that I'm not quite sure what to do with. But as my mom said, every letter, every piece holds a story behind it and no matter how sad, funny, painful the memory, it's worth holding on to. I hope she's right.
The Big Guy is headed to Sacramento tomorrow for a conference and won't be back until Friday :(. The boy and I will miss him. He has never gone away for work before - it was always me who traveled. It would be interesting to see how I hold up for 3 days. I might end up spending time at my parents' house instead :).
Time to put the boy down for his nap. Toodles....


0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home