More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

lundi, septembre 05, 2005

My heart is so heavy...

For the past days, the extent of my tv viewing has been to be up to date about the situation in Louisiana and the thousands of people in need. My heart is so heavy - to watch and listen to their plight. My dad said yesterday over dinner "what can we do to help?" I just hope everyone has that in their minds as well.

My brother and his photographer friends decided to put up some of their photos on sale and have the proceeds go directly to the Red Cross. If you or anyone you know is interested to help through this, here's how you can. I forwarded the information to everyone I knew - it's their choice whether or not they want to help, but it's my personal responsibility to help in spreading the news.

Yesterday, when the boys and I were in downtown Oakland for the Arts and Soul Festival, it seemed like every vendor, every table were soliciting money to help in aiding those unfortunately affected by Hurricane Katrina. It was very comforting to know that everyone was doing their part, no matter how big or small the contribution. The Big Guy and I contributed a small amount, in Jake's name. I wish I could've given more...but I'm sure what we gave will go a long way. If it means being able to buy a case of water or a pack of diapers, it will go a long way.

It's hard to explain the uneasiness to see so many people left homeless and suffering. Everyone has their opinions on what happened and what should've been done. It's so chaotic - and it's hard to accept that this whole situation is happening in America. What is going on? Part of me can't help but think, is this God's way of telling us something? Is it time to really think?....

God bless everyone and may He watch you each and every step of the way.

And for us that can, please help. Red Cross - www.redcross.org