Stay-At-Home Mom Part Deux
My sister's school had a field trip at the California Academy of Sciences Steinhart Aquarium and was able to hook us up for a $1 admission so, early on Saturday we were on our way up to San Francisco even if it was supposed to be rainy. The last time we took Jake there, he was only 8mos old so it was a good way to spend our Saturday since he's so excited about animals lately. My nieces were there too so he was just thrilled. He was overwhelmed with all of the fish and the snakes and all other crawling, swimming, slimey creatures in the building. I was just happy being the camera man...I can't go up near them glass-enclosed reptiles. Argh!!! They look good in handbags and shoes - that's as far as I will go! Jake was happy to see the giant turtle - he even extended his neck the same way the turtle did. Talk about a perfect photo opp!
OK...and I know I'm about 10,000 seasons late on this...but for some reason, I've been wanting to get a pair for the past couple of days. The Big Guy actually think they're ugly (he thinks they're called UGGS for a reason - short for UGGly!) but he says they look cute on me! SURE! I actually got lucky because the Classic Short is always the first one to sell out, so for Nordstrom to have my size for the Classic was meant to be :)! I was debating between the Sand (this one) or the Black and I wanted the black just because not everyone walks around with Black Uggs...but Sand is just the most practical for me. The Black looked like I was wearing slouchy boots which I hate!! So, Sand it is! Thanks Big Guy for the boots! I LOVE it...and I promise to wear it more than once, and not just admire the box in the closet :)!!!
Off to the mall we go... We went straight to the mall on Saturday after heading down from the city to get Dad and Bel's birthday gifts. First stop was the Apple Store, much to Jake's dismay. He knows to head to the back of the store to "go online." It's so hard to get something for Dad so we settled for this instead, which he can use for his trip. He is leaving for Manila on Sunday (2.5) for 3 weeks. Bel is into LEGO lately so the bucket with hundreds of pieces should keep her occupied for quite sometime :).
My very own Happy Gilmore! It was my Dad and niece's birthdays yesterday and after a scrumptuous Chinese New Year lunch with family and some of my parents' friends, we headed to Golfland to take the kids for some putt-putt golf. Man, it's been AGES since I've been to Golfland ;>! Jake had a blast although I don't think I have a Tiger Woods prodigy in my hands! Ha! He refused to hold the right way, but sometimes he got lucky with holes-in-one with the way he was doing his strokes! It was too funny! Having 11 people with you, 7 adults and 4 kids, was way too much to handle! The adults had more fun though, that I know for sure!
So I'm back to staying at home again... and I'm busy coming up with activities that Jake and I can do while I'm home with him. I've called around for gymnastics classes and dance classes in the area. He is enrolled in "drama" school but that doesn't start until March so in the meantime, I need to find classes to put him in.
Ahh...to be home with my boys again. Such bliss!


1 Comments:
aaah...the joy of being an SAHM, a different kind of high... and the boots, i want an UGGS too but the thing is i'm an air rift wearer. next winter maybe? btw, i tagged you...hope it's okay.
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home