Because I have nothing else to do...
My Guilty Pleasures and Secret Wishes
1. I like singing in the car...no wait... I love singing in the car. On the days that I drive to work, I sing at the top of my lungs, only to stop when I have to cuss out someone who cut me off.
2. Ok, so when I say I cuss...the strongest word I say is "shit". I'm a cusser-wanna-be. I can't muster enough guts to blurt out the F word. Besides, if I say it, it won't come off believable because I'd probably start giggling right after ;).
3. I have a problem with shoes. I tend to buy shoes simply because they're cute and never really wear them more than once. I just like looking at them. OR... I buy shoes that are so uncomfortable but keep wearing any way because I'm afraid the husband will go postal and wonder why I paid so much fo a pair of shoes I seldom wear.
4. I want to take Jake to the local library, but I'm afraid to step inside because I think I have a book that's been looooooooong overdue and I'm afraid I'll go to jail or something for failure to return books.
5. I'm a sucker for tabloid magazines: US Weekly, Life & Style, Celebrity Living, you name it! I haven't gone down to the STAR level just yet...but in due time.
6. In the 9th grade, I used to day dream and sign my married name to be "Mrs. Knight" -- as in MRS. JORDAN KNIGHT!
7. I dissect my food. When I eat sushi, I tear it apart with my chopsticks since I can't open my mouth wide enough to fit the whole dang thing at once. When I eat ice cream, I go through it and just pick the nuts, chocolate chips, etc...and leave the ice cream to melt. When I eat something with raisins, pinto beans, lima beans, etc...I pick it out one by one until it's all gone, then I can proceed to eat. When I eat pies, the crust gets devoured quicker than the actual fill.
8. I'm a notebook whore. I have notebooks about everything and anything. I have notebooks with notes about babies (parenting, baby care, baby stuff, etc..), about trips (I made one whole notebook for our Disneyland trip to list down rides, must-sees, etc...). I'm now in the process of making one for ideas for the house ;).
9. I'm a hoarder...of some sort. I have the hardest time parting with things - letters, clothes, knick-knacks. I need to stop... I need to stop!
10. I am obsessed with keeping my nails nice and neat. In high school, I used to paint my nails almost every day so the nail polish is always immaculately perfect. Nowadays, my nails are Mama nails - short (but manicured) and sans polish (once in a while, when I'm the mood, I paint it). But my toes are always perfect, with my signature red nail polish regardless of whether or not it's open-toe shoe season.
11. I've always wanted a tattoo but I'm too chicken to get one. I once drove past a tattoo parlor for atleast half an hour with a girlfriend with the intentions of getting tattoos together - but both chickened out with the thought of being poked by needles. It's not like I'm going to get some tough looking tattoo - I'll probably just end up with a daisy ;).
12. I love watching TFC (The Filipino Channel) for the sole purpose on capping on people.
13. I love to talk smack :). I get it from my dad. The husband intensified my skills.
14. I have about 10 tubes of the same shades of lipstick...and all of them barely used. And I keep forgetting which color I already have and so when I go to buy one, I come home to find out I already have it.
15. I can easily spot a bag or a brand of clothing on anyone out on the street - even when I'm in a moving car.
16. I used to paint my nails while driving to school. Back then I thought I had skills. Now I just know I'm a moron.
17. I can pick up things off the floor with my toes. Now, I can proudly say that the skill is passed on to my son.
18. I'm obsessed with lint and wrinkles. As in, I loathe them! I have lint brushes all over the place, in the car, at work, etc.. I have to iron everything since I feel so messy with wrinkled clothes. I actually refused to leave the house one time since I had a wrinkly skirt.
19. I like torturing myself (and my hair dresser) by cutting my own bangs once in a while. I'm so smart!
20. I can cry like a bitch...and I can even pull the "Ugly Face Cry" (ala Oprah) if I need to.
21. I have tendencies to chop my hair off when I'm going through a midlife crisis of some sort. I ended up chopping my hair off in '98 when the relationship with the Ex was taking its sweet ass time to die. And yes, I regretted it (not the relationship, the haircut). Again in '02, I chopped off all of my hair and walked out with a bob when I was heavily pregnant and felt like I had no control of anything except for my hair.
22. I like buying the husband frou-frou stuff to slowly inch him into Metrosexual-dom..which I know will never happen..but I do it anyway.
23. I will never understand why people settle for 'window shopping'. As the husband puts it, window shopping for me will only happen if I'm atually buying windows. I don't see the point by aimlessly walking around the mall and not walk out with anything. It's a waste of time. If I don't have money to shop, I don't torture myself by walking by my favorite stores just to drool over things I cannot afford.
24. I am way pass my prime of talking on the phone. I have no patience. Before, I can stay on the phone till 6am and still go to class 3hrs later. Now, if you much less waste 10mins of my time on the phone, I'd go crazy. I will email any day. I'll even go text happy. I just don't like talking on the phone anymore.
25. I am SO glad I'm past the drinking, partying, clubbing, bar-hopping stage. Not that I was notorious anyways but I don't know how people (especially those over 30) can still have the energy to go out and get drunk and party. Just the idea of it wears me out, not to mention how many bags I can buy with them cover charge, drinks, clothes to wear, etc.. Damn I'm old.


4 Comments:
1. I can't concur. She must do this when Jake and I aren't in the car with her.
2. See #1
3. Aha!
4. So that's why!?!
5. I can vouch for this.
6. No comment
7. This I can vouch for as well.
8. See #5 & 7
9. Yes. Yes, you do! :)
10. I concur
11. I'll go with you!
12. Me too.
13. Sometimes she goes overboard. But, it's still pretty funny.
14. It's true. It's true.
15. Eyes like a hawk!
16. Your words, not mine!
17. Freaks. Both of you! I married and fathered freaks! Though when I need to get something off of the floor, I do know who to call.
18. She let's it ruin her day sometimes.
19. it has backfired before.
20. No comment
Ahahahahahah....hey! You're not allowed to put comments!
Annexed...
21. Yes.
22. I'm the guinea pig.
23. Thus ruining the whole window shopping experience for me. Imagine how she feels going MALLING in the Philippines.
24. She does this with me...and I'm supposed to be the other half of her...you know...the husband, the best friend, the baby's daddy.
25. Yup. Again...your words. Not mine.
AGAIN...you're not allowed to put your comments!!!!
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home