More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

dimanche, août 27, 2006

Don't Make Me Choose

Tonight was supposed to be Mama & Daddy night.

Our friends got married today (well - technically, yesterday since it is 12:30am) and they were nice enough to let us know that we can bring Jake if we wanted to, even if we RSVP'ed that it was just me and the husband coming. However, we've already made arrangements with my sister to have her watch the little boy for the day. She even offered that he can spend the night if we want to, an offer which we (obviously) were not about to turn down :). So in the end, we thanked the bride and groom for extending the invitation to include our little boy, but we decided it would be a Mama & Daddy function for the night.

For days we pumped the boy up and got him excited that he was going to spend the night at Nani's house. Today, as I was packing his stuff, he was more than willing to help me get this stuff together and making sure I packed the clothes that he wanted to wear. It was only for one night, but Jake was packed like he was going to be gone for days!!! We dropped him off around noon since the wedding started at 2:30 and we wanted to be on time (we were not!).

It was a nice day to get married. The wedding went off without a hitch, atleast to our eyes, the guests. It was a perfect day to have a nice, garden wedding.
The reception drew in what we found out to be 400 guests in total. Yup, to say it was a big wedding is an understatement, alright.

It was nice to be with friends (we all went to college together) and to spend time with friends.

The husband and I had to give each other props for deciding not to bring the boy with us. He would've gotten on our nerves the first ten minutes at the ceremony. I hardly think he would've willingly sat there and behaved, not with a wide open space of grass that he could've done cart wheels at and just rolled around. I probably would've had a heart attack if I went ahead and bought the outfit I had in mind for him to wear.

The dance floor was finally opened to the guests around 10:15pm - and how timely it was that the husband felt his cell phone buzzing. Yup. It was my sister. Calling to say the little boy was crying. And he wanted to be picked up.

So.
After dancing for 5 whole minutes and making the obligatory rounds of saying goodnight to the Mr. & Mrs, as well as to our friends - we were on our way to my sister's. Jake opened the door, with a smile as wide as it can get. He was happy we came to pick him up. Forget the original plan. Mama & Daddy were there to take him home.

I'm sure the husband and I would've had a great time dancing away (we managed to squeeze in a Cha-Cha before leaving). I'm sure I would've been barely able to walk to the car with my feet throbbing in pain, due to excess dancing. I'm sure we would've had an absolutely, awesome time. But given the choice between enjoying the night away or calling it a night earlier than planned, and instead go home and cuddle with Jake.....
There wasn't enough dancing in the world that would've made us not get in the car and pick up our little boy.

And with that... it's time to call it a night (yet again) and cuddle with the boys.