Whatever Whatever!!
Last night I requested with the husband to let the little boy sleep in our bed. I just wanted to cuddle with him because I missed him the whole day yesterday. So after Jake's last bathroom trip for the night, I asked him to go up to Daddy and say "Can I please sleep with you guys because I want to cuddle with Mama." The Big Guy gave in at first, until he realized that the request didn't sound like it can come from a 3yo, instead it was really a 30yo's plea :). In the end, Jake and I fell asleep cuddled next to each other.
** I know I'm totally not helping the situation here, with getting Jake used to sleeping in his own room. Every night we put him down in his room, only to feel little fingers poking my arm in the middle of the night, asking to climb up our bed. But sometimes, you just want to cuddle with your baby. And I don't think I'm the only one that feels that way :)
So Jake sucks his thumb, a habit that we've oh-so tried to make him stop and have used every possible means of making him do so. The husband plans to hand my sister Jake's orthodontic bill when the time comes, because she was the one who thought it's oh-so cute when babies suck their thumbs! I don't know though - atleast when Jake learned to suck his thumb, he stopped sucking his big toe. I think I'd much rather see a child sucking their thumb than their big toe, especially when they are 3yo!!

Anyhoo - last night, while we were having our bedtime conversations, I 'bribed' him and said that if he doesn't put his finger in his mouth, we will take him to Chuck E. Cheese on Friday. It almost broke my heart, when I woke up at 3am and found him with his hands clasped tightly together, trying his darndest not to put his thumb in his mouth, even while sleeping. So, Chuck E. Cheese - here we come!
*****
I had a very interesting email exchange with my friend L this morning and I'm just glad I was able to be a sounding board to her bursts of emotions. She shared with me a Chinese saying which she takes to heart...
In life, there are 4 people you need to find....
1. Yourself
2. The person who loves you the most
3. The person you love the most
4. The person you can spend you life with
Most of the time, Person #2, #3 and #4 aren’t the same and it’s really only Person #1 that can tell you that.
I wish you all the best, L. And yes, there is a reason why our birthdays are a day apart; the better we can relate to each other :).


1 Comments:
you are not the only one. right now, our littleprincess sleeps beside us. i don't care, hubby doesn't care. we are one big cuddly family. :-)
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home