More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

vendredi, septembre 08, 2006

The week that was..

I've been so busy the past week and work is getting crazy with the holiday season coming up. Thank goodness it's a short week this week and it's Finally Friday!!! Yay!

Jake's second week of school went much smoother than the first. My dad takes him and picks him up from school, and he was finally able to just leave Jake there and just come back for him when school is done. The first week, we were not sure if Jake would be fine staying there and us leaving but this time, he was more excited about going to school and actually let Papa (my dad) leave him there. Whew!! I never got around to post his first day of school pictures so here they are -


** Notice I didn't take a picture of him bawling like crazy? Tee-hee!**

And here he is - on his second week...enjoying snack time with friends.



The long weekend was relaxing because that's all we did - RELAX! I'm just going to put up tons of pictures so I don't have to type as much :).

As promised, we took Jake to Chuck E. Cheese on Friday for surviving his first week of school! We ended up staying for dinner since the boys outnumbered me with their preference for the pizza (barf!). It wasn't crowded when we went so Jake was able to play almost all of the games that he wanted to, and finally earned enough tickets between him, Daddy and Tito J to get his most wanted pirate sword.




We took Jake bowling for the first time over the weekend with my cousin J, my siblings and their significant others and he was so super happy. The fact that he was the only kid around (my nieces were with their dad) and it was late at night when we went made it even more exciting for him! The husband I helped him out when it was his turn to bowl, but he was just happy that he got to wear the (awful) shoes and have his own ball too!



For the past couple of days, the husband, J and I have been staying up late playing mah jong! I can't believe how addictive it can be. We play atleast 4 rounds every night, and sometimes even after I go to bed, the boys still go on for a few more. We don't have our own set, but my mom has had one for the longest time, just gathering dust in the garage so we decided to take it home and use it. Now the husband wants to get a set of our own! No we don't play for money - and if you are any good and you play with me, you'll probably get irritated because I take my time making sure my tiles are all nice and straight :)! Our late night sessions are actually residuals of the Labor Day 'tournament' we had with my mom. We were at my brother's to celebrate Y's birthday, and while the boys played Texas Hold 'Em, the girls enjoyed playing mahjong. Even my 11 year old niece is interested in learning! Ha

I'm counting down to our vacation coming up :)!
The boys are going to watch the Giants game tomorrow - and as tempted as I am to hang out in the city to do some retail therapy, I think I'm just going to stay home and enjoy some peace and quiet, with no boys around for the whole day :)!
Oh and before I forget - remember how I said I was going to be good and not get anything (and by anything, I really meant a new purse) until our vacation? Well, I kinda lied. I got me a really cute tote (I couldn't really find a picture of my bag, so I picked one that was the closest) with a matching wallet. The husband approved though - he thought it was nice!!
** S' Mama: I know I know...my weakness at its best yet again!


Happy Birthday, J! Happy Birthday, T!

Have a good weekend people! Toodles!

Libellés : ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Okay, hello mahjong is quite addicting, then after 8 hours of playing, you'll realize that you only won $1.

Hurrah for Jake and his first week!

vendredi, septembre 08, 2006 2:43:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home