More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

jeudi, août 31, 2006

Baby Bug

No I'm not pregnant - just to clear it up now :)

I'm actually in the middle of putting together my assortment for next Spring and I'm doing an entire line of baby stuff...and oh they are super cute! As if that wasn't enough, my vendor is in the office today and brought with them more coordinating stuff for baby. I am in total baby overload right now. And I'm loving it!!!

The husband and I have a friend who can kinda predicts if someone she knows is pregnant since she dreams of fishes. Don't ask me why - but she does. And more often than not, someone comes up pregnant. Our friend J, somehow does the same thing. He dreams about so and so being pregnant, and lo and behold, it comes true. He did with us and with my girlfriend Es. How they do it, I have no idea. But J (the one that has fish dreams) had a dream recently and so everyone's looking around wondering "who's pregnant this time?" I don't think it us. Is it? Nah...

But if we were, I could just be putting together the cutest baby line, in due time! Oh how I wish :).

Speaking of baby...
Our (baby) Big Boy started preschool this week!
We have been prepping him about school and he was actually very excited to start.

Sunday night, he even helped me pick out his clothes for the day (note to self: no nice clothes!) and the extra clothes he needed to pack, as well as what snacks he wanted me to pack for him. He was so ready! He went to sleep without a fight, and actually woke up in a good mood and ready to go to school.

Monday morning came, and the husband and I took off work to take him. My cousin, J, who has been staying with us came along as well. The teachers gathered the parents around in the waiting area, and told us the first day of school spiel and then we walked to the room. Jake was excited to be the first one in the room, and he put his backpack in the bin where it was supposed to be. He let us put his name tag on him and he went around the room, trying to figure out what to do first.

Then all hell broke loose. One by one, the kids started crying. Not Jake though. He told us we can go, and kissed us goodbye and let us walk out of the room. We watched him from the window and he was running around the room, excitedly touching all the things. So we were confident Jake was fairing much better than the other kids. The teachers closed the door. Five minutes later, the door opened and I heard a very distinct cry. The kind of cry you know can only come from YOUR child. The door closed again and 5 minutes later, I saw Miss K, with Jake in tow coming to see me.

Miss K: See Jake? I told you your Mommy is here.
Jake: Mama, I want to go home. I am SO done with this!
Me: We can't go home Jake. This is your first day of school. The teachers are all waiting for you inside the room. I will just stay here and wait for you.
Jake: How come the other mommies and daddies are in there and you're not?

So I looked at Miss K, with eyes pleading for help! Tell me where do I even begin to explain the situation to Jake? How do I explain to my child that he needs to be in the room and I can't be - when other parents are in there, and can't leave their kids? It was harder for the parents to let go of their kids. I told him I can't go in there, but he can see me from the window if he needs to, but he can't go outside the room. Miss K gave me a nod of approval and held Jake's hand and took him back to the room. He was still crying when he walked in, and for a split-second I wanted to take him home with me. But I kept it together :). Finally, after 10mins, Miss S came out to tell me that Jake was doing fine. I looked in the class and saw him dancing away, having a good time. The teacher said he started to cry when he saw the other kids crying. My poor boy got stressed out :(

My dad took him to school yesterday and things went a LOT smoother. He texted to let me know that Jake was eager to go to class, and even tried to help pacify one boy who was crying up a storm (the same boy who was crying on Monday, and who eventually got sent home). I was so proud of my little boy :).

My cousin, J has been staying with us and it's been so fun. The husband has been having fun now that there's another man in the house. I'm just happy he's here!

I can't believe it's already September!

(Belated) Happy Birthday, Y!
...and you know I never even got around to it, but (Belated) Happy Birthday to my BFF, C :)

Libellés :