If you know me...
You know that once my birthday rolls around, you'll never hear the end of it! :)
I just love celebrating my birthday - even at 31!!!
I usually start the countdown to the Day of Greatness after the New Year's, but this year has been so hectic that I don't remember reminding the husband of how many days are left till THE Day.
But.. indulge me as I STILL talk about my birthday, a week into it!
I guess it's just fitting that I start my birthday story with the surprise celebration the husband put together at Disneyland. I've always heard about being able to spend your birthday at the park, and at one point, I contemplated spending Jake's 4th birthday there. But since BFF and family were States-side for the holidays, it just made sense to go to the park with them for our annual pilgrimage. So Jake's Happiest Birthday Celebration? Nixed! Really, all I wanted was my own birthday pin, and to be able to get some attention while roaming around the park! Ha! :). So, the husband came up with the plan of surprising me with a celebration at the Plaza Inn with everyone around. I LOVED IT! Everyone indulged me by wearing their own party hats and we all had a blast decorating our personal cakes. Mickey and Minnie were the special guests :). Forget that I was the oldest one amongst the birthday celebrants! I had so much fun, I wanted to cry!! So after the party, we went about our ways going around the park. When it was time to figure out where to eat for dinner, I suggested we eat at Blue Bayou - the restaurant that you see while you are on the Pirate ride, and everyone willingly obliged. We agreed to meet at the restaurant around 7:15pm. The husband went up to the front to reserve for our party - and we were told that we can be seated by 7:50pm. I was amazed that it wasn't going to take long to get 10 people seated at one of the most popular restaurants inside the park, but I wasn't going to complain. We got seated on time, and our meals were absolutely to die for. The food was great and the company was absolutely divine! At the end of the meal, with creme brulee to boot, a chocolate Mickey Mouse pudding came out just for me! That treat was so yummy that I had to pass it around for everyone to have a taste! I was baffled that they knew it was my birthday - only to find out that the husband made reservations at the restaurant the week before! That was my birthday dinner celebration! Apparently, only 3 restaurants inside the park take reservations, and at Blue Bayou, walk-ins are hard to get seated so no wonder we were able to get a table with no problem at all! What a great, memorable birthday celebration, surrounded by some of the people I love!
J, C and Baby J gave me a gift certificate for Bare Escentuals which giddily screamed for when they gave it to me! I went to the mall over the weekend to cash in on some goodies, and being a frequent buyer totally paid off since I got an extra 15% off my purchase! I. loved. it!So...what's with the form fit?
We were walking around the mall and I saw a big 75% off sale at one of the stores I love - and I was under the impression that it was still their After-Christmas sale. It wasn't until we walked in the store that I realized the store was closing. The whole chain is closing. So everything had to go. Even their fixtures! And for $25, I walked away with a form fit. No clothes. What will I do with it you ask? I have no freakin' clue...but it was too good to pass up. It looks like something I'd pick up at the Paris flea market, at no air fare cost to gripe about! Where is it? It's in our living room, being attacked by Jack Sparrow. The husband loves it. It's clutter to add on to my already existing clutter...but I love it! I'm sad to see the store close, and I wonder what will happen to my friend who designs for the chain. I hope she got absorbed with the other branches within the company.
Libellés : Celebration, Few of my favorite things, The Husband


1 Comments:
Belated Happy Birthday! I'm glad to hear you had a blast! Who says birthdays are just for kids? We 30-somethings should also have fun!
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home