Nationalism = Pop Culture
Every morning at preschool, Jake and his classmates stand before the American flag and recite The Pledge of Allegiance. He has finally memorized the whole thing…with one glitch –
Jake’s version of The Pledge of Allegiance:
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one Nation under God,
indivisible,
with liberty and JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE.
The husband and I were confused at first, and then we started laughing like crazy. Like laughing on the verge of tears laugh. It was the funniest thing ever!!! Jake thought it was funny that he got us to laugh. It wasn't fair for the little boy to pull a funny one while his father was driving 70mph down the freeway. It was just way too funny!!!
******
We took advantage of the great Spring weather we’ve been having and went all over the Bay Area for the weekend. Since my Aunt is leaving next week, we thought we’d take her to the city again, this time letting her experience taking the BART. The first weekend we took her, she got to ride the cable car which took us to Ghirardelli Square.
After spending the whole night Saturday cleaning and purging the house, the husband and I decided to head out and do some retail therapy the following day. Really, all I wanted to do was check out the cupcakes at Teacake (thanks to LJC). I've actually heard of this cupcake store before, but was too lazy to trek all the way to Emeryville just to have cupcakes and it took someone who is only here for a work-related trip to entice me to check out the place. But after buying 4 cupcakes, 3 brownies and 1 cookie later - I say the 40min drive was totally worth it :). I say it's a definite pit stop on the way up to the IL's. From now on, we're taking that route!!!
It was great to spend the lazy day with the boys at Bay Street.
We did some retail therapy - mostly for Jake (again) but the husband got a shirt for him, I got a shirt for me and the rest are just cheap shirts that Jake can wear to school (and not cause me to have a heart attack if he comes home with paint or grass stains or mud all over his clothes).
Libellés : Few of my favorite things, Retail Therapy, The Little Boy


1 Comments:
Those cupcakes look good! Have a good move, future neighbor!
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home