It's 2010 and I'm ready to kick some ass!
Some of my Mommy Friends have made it their New Year's Resolution to document each and every day of their life starting today, for a 365-day record of their daily lives, mundane as it may be. I used to blog every day .. and it saddens me that the last time I wrote something here was back in July, when my Lola passed away.
2009 wasn't a very good year for me, in more ways than one. I was emotionally, spiritually, financially and physically tried, tested and exhausted in 2009 and maybe, subliminally, these are situations and experiences I choose not to remember so I subconsciously did not document any of it.
I choose to be nothing BUT optimistic for 2010. I have to be. For me. For my family. For my sanity :).
First step taken was to remove our little family - the 3 of us - from the 'norm' even for just a couple of days and enjoy being with just the 3 of us. No extended family. No friends. Just us. Doing things for each other and being with each other. We booked our trip 2 days before we took off for San Diego and spent the New Year in a city where we know people, but chose not to see people. We secluded ourselves within ourselves. And for a change, it felt good. It felt nice to be just the 3 of us.
Jake asked us this morning what we plan to 'change' for the New Year.
I think the little boy started learning about New Year's resolution.
What am I going to change?
I don't even know where to begin.
All I know is that SOMETHING has to change.
I'm tired.
I've been tired.
It is a new year, after all.
And the good thing about new years is, we get to start fresh all over again.
Happy New Year to everyone. Now let's get ready and kick ass!!
Libellés : Whatever


2 Comments:
Happy New Year Mommy Jo! and YAY for joining the challenge. let's support each other no matter how mundane things are...these are the things we live for, we breathe for!
Hi Jo! I am so happy to read your post! How I wish Charlie & I & Miguel can do the same thing..just the 3 of us! I am longing to have some time with my boys.
Well, there's hope, I hope!:)
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home