More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

mercredi, décembre 01, 2004

Back from Trytophan Land...

I can't believe it's December...

With the way I ate for the past week and a half, it must equal to a 20lb turkey, if not more. Belated Happy Thanksgiving :). I hope ya'll had a lot to be thankful for.

Greenmango update...

- Bestfriend C gave birth last Wednesday, 11/23 to Baby Isabella Marie. Ella is 2 months early so she weighed in at only 3.7lbs, but according to C, she's is feisty just like me. She is in the incubator but moves around so much that she manages to pull the plugs off of her. That's my girl! The doctors say that if Ella weighs in atleast 5lbs, C&D can take her home. C was originally scheduled for a c-section on 11/26 but on Wednesday, her blood pressure was up the whazoo that the doctors felt it was needed to deliver asap. She's doing great - recuperating from the surgery but she sounds great. I was so excited that I went crazy buying little things for Baby Ella. This also needs to be sent asap - can't have her walking around in just an ordinary diaper bag now, can I? I love her already....

- The Big Guy celebrated his 29th birthday for the 3rd year. He chose to celebrate it with just family and he wanted to do it at Hot Pot City. Why? Don't ask me. I wasn't too thrilled at the fact that I came out smelling like Hot Pot City - but anything for the Big Guy :). That's what he wanted to do...and have Tiramisu Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. Everyone came by the house after dinner to have coffee and cheesecake. It was great to have everyone together. He got good stuff too: a BIG tv from M&D E, a gift card to go shop from M&D Dy, gift cards galore, and this and a matching pill box from me and Jake. Happy Birthday, Daddy.

- Thanksgiving was celebrated at both parents' as we have been every year. Dad E cooked up a storm once again and by 3pm, the tryptophan was hitting the Big Guy BIG time. Dad Dy cooked the turkey with his own technique which is equally good! We had so much left-over that we brough it back home and had LO's the next day. So much to be thankful for, that's for sure.

- Thanksgiving brought forth the annual 'family picture taking for the Christmas card' ritual. Yes, this applies to both sides of the family again. M&D E even made sure we have the tree all decked for the background picture. M&D Dy thought it would be nice to dress up Filipiniana for this year's family picture. It turned out cute - especially Jake who looked adorable in his barong.

- MUCH needed R&R was great! In spite of the unexpected snow and plane delays, it was a great vacation for me and the Big Guy. Yes, I cried when we pulled out of the IL's driveway. Somehow, leaving Jake was a lot harder this time but we had a lot of fun! We had a blast! Ate too much. Got bombarded with pornography (<-- don't ask me... ask the Big Guy). Shopped and scored me some fat-ass Diesel's. Tried on some rings at Tiffany's (the Big Guy said he now knows what to get me for Christmas after walking out of the store! Big fat YIPEE!). Did I mention I ate too much?

Jake tidbits:
- After Thanksgiving dinner, we were all sitting around M&D's living room and the Big Guy and I were quoting Reno 911 (this stupid show on Spike TV) when all of a sudden, we heard Jake walking around saying "Yo Mama!" That was funny like hell! Be careful what you say in front of these impressionable toddlers. Next thing you know, he'll be telling us to "lean back" aka Fat Joe.
- He slowly but surely puts words together now that we actually comprehend. Just the other day, he was telling the Big Guy "Daddy...DVD...Open" when he couldn't pry open the dvd case.

More news....
- SIL is with child the 2nd time around! That was the big news we were sworn to secrecy. She is due in July. Congratulations, L&E. Actually, her SIL's are both pregnant as well; SIL#1 is due in June, SIL#2 is due in March and she's due in July. That's a whole lotta babies!
- Cousin A is engaged. Congrats A!

... Back to the insanity I call work.....
... Glad to hear my ugly ass throws sold out 100% on Black Friday. That many people thought it was great?! Eiiiiiiahhh!
... I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only obsessive-compulsive-Christmas-gift-list-on-a-spreadsheet person. Yeah ok I'm anal... so what?
... Need to buy the tree soon.

Toodles people!






1 Comments:

Blogger Mickee said...

Hi J, I was waiting for your call so we can have dinner while you're in AC. I guess you got so busy eh?! Let's try again sometime. Hopefully before christmas or New Year..... :)

Take care!

lundi, décembre 06, 2004 9:38:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home