Back to reality...
Four days of nothing but laziness was pure bliss ... and now, back to reality it is. Nuts!
So starting today, Es and I are sharing a cube. How we managed to be seated, sharing the same space, I have no idea but it's freakin' hilarious if you ask me. The husbands are baffled - only Es and I can manipulate our bosses to allow us to share the same cube. Our bosses actually think it's funny too - they're getting a kick out of it as well. So right now, we're literally 5" away from each other. Our keyboards are side by side and our monitors are parallel to each other. We barely did any work today - she's busy making reservations online for our dinner in the city next week; I'm busy figuring out Christmas gifts as well as where to have my 30th birthday shindig. (Yup...I'm turning 30 people!)
Thanksgiving turned out great. The Big Guy's birthday fell on the same day this year, apparently only the 2nd time ever in his 32 years of existence. How odd.
The boys came to pick me up from work on Wednesday afternoon and Jake loved looking up through the moon roof and seeing all the tall buildings through the Financial District. I got off early so we were able to beat traffic and head up to the IL's early. The Big Guy wanted to have his birthday dinner at Max's Chicken in Vallejo and so SIL/BIL and the kids came in time for dinner. Boy that place SUCKED!!! It took almost 1 1/2 hours to get served, we had to set our own table, and the food came out in installments. Suffice it to say, that's the first and last time we'll ever eat at that place. Sucked!
Thanksgiving as usual, is spent with lunch at the IL's and dinner with my side of the family. The Big Guy's cousin/nephew/niece came up from LA on Wednesday and his other nephew came by for lunch as well. It was a packed house at the IL's. We headed back to San Jose around 3pm, with enough time to help M&D to get the house ready for dinner. The W's joined us this year and Jake and Emma had a blast running around the house, arranging the chairs for their pretend train, etc... It was great to get home at the end of a long day and sleep all of the food off :). Certainly a lot to be thankful for.
We didn't go shop on Black Friday. Actually, I have never shopped day after Thanksgiving, ever! Friday night, we headed back up to the IL's since the relatives were still in town. On Saturday, the husband indulged me and took me to the Burberry outlet but there were TOO many people that I almost lost it. I wanted to get the umbrella but with all the people, I told the husband we'll just come back. Besides, it might even be cheaper at Neiman's since it's almost Last Call. We ended up buying the little boy a jumper for Christmas (as one of Nana's gifts). A jumper for inside the house - I know ... CRAZY ... but we know he'll like it so might as well.
We're trying to figure out what to get the boy for Christmas. It seems like the toys at babystyle, he's outgrown. He's into Thomas the Tank Engine so the Big Guy thought we'd just get whatever Thomas there is and call it a day. We'll see.
Crap... an hour and a half more before I go home. I'm freakin' bored!


0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home