More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

lundi, novembre 07, 2005

This Little Mama goes back to work...

I'm freakin' exhausted! It's 9:25pm and I'm ready to crash. I've been up for 16hrs now and my little head is ready to hit the sack. I feel so bad - because the little time that I'm awake, I need to squeeze in meal time, bonding time with the boys, getting my stuff ready for the next day, freshening up and getting ready for bed to start the mayhem all over again the following day.

I cried again last night - this time it was longer and more painful. I know the husband supports me (and everyone else) - but it just seems like this sacrifice, of being away from the boys for so long in a day and being too far isn't worth it...although I know better that it is. But it's hard and it's almost painful to be so far away, even for just a day.

I woke up this morning and saw my little one sandwiched between me and the Big Guy, sound asleep. I couldn't get out of bed because I just wanted to cuddle with him the whole day, but I knew I had to get up or else I'll be late. The Big Guy, bless his heart, set his alarm (we have one for each of us) for the same time as mine to make sure that if mine fails to wake me up, his would. It's the pits to leave the house and it's still dark (WTF?) and then come home and it's already dark (more WTF!).

I drove to work today (I know - crazy girl) because it was supposed to rain and since I didn't have a badge yet to be able to use the company shuttle, I would have to walk a good 10 blocks from BART to the building. The Big Guy and I decided it would be best that I drive. Driving was great - I didn't mind the distance at all. Parking was easy - got there early enough and just had them park my car (I'm no good in SF parking). It's the walking that's killing me. Walking to this Vietnamese restaurant which seemed like 10,000 miles away and my legs started to hurt from walking. Then getting out of the city was something else. I left work at 5:10pm and to get to the freeway from the parking structure (all 3 miles) took me almost 30mins. I don't mind driving to work, I just don't want to drive home!!!!

I'm going to crash now. I'll take BART tomorrow - and note to self...wear comfy shoes. Since it will be partly sunny with no rain, I think I'll wear my Havaianas instead. Toodles people. No more staying up for this little head! Mama's a working girl again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mickee said...

Hi J, you survived your first day at work huh? You're very brave - I wouldn't dream of driving to the city on a weekday. But then again, I also wouldn't brave the 10-block walk, hehehe!

What was Jake's reaction when he finally saw you at night?

Take care!

mardi, novembre 08, 2005 8:34:00 PM  
Blogger Josephine said...

Mickee - I stand corrected, it's 11 blocks one way :) - so I walk a total of 22 blocks a day. MY GOODNESS! If I don't lose weight with all of this walking, I'd be damned!

Jake asks every day where I am and the husband tells him I'm at work. He screams and jumps around the second I walk in the door every night. It's such a welcoming sight.

vendredi, novembre 11, 2005 12:27:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home