More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

jeudi, décembre 29, 2005

The view from the office window...

I drove to work today only to see half of Sansome blocked with SFPD barricades. I didn't know what was going on so I parked my car at the usual spot and got out to put coins in the meter. A couple of feet up was a news van from the local tv station (local as in the next building to us). I still wasn't sure what was going on so, I just put my coins in and went inside the building.

Little did I know that this is what happened overnight. Because of the rain that we've had for days in a row, the ground got so saturated that a piece of it gave way and thus, the rockslide on Telegraph Hill. Amazing!

The white box on the uppper right corner is the same house that Es and I look at every day. The white tarp around is is the biggest Saran Wrap we have ever seen, so we joke! That house has been wrapped for fumigation for weeks!

I was even contemplating on bringing my camera today, just to take pictures of the city on the way in or on my way home but decided not to since it's supposed to be foggy today anyway (which it is - I can't even see the Bay Bridge)...but tomorrow I will.

Es and I have been wandering around the city for the past couple of days. On Tuesday, I went with her to the Indo Consulate to renew her passport. We were thinking of getting our nails done but no one was there to accommodate both of us at the same time, so we ended up having lunch at Fog City Diner instead, complete with a dessert for each of us :). Then yesterday (Wednesday), we went to Union Square for lunch - paying homeage to Neiman's (nothing for boys but I was oh-so tempted to buy the chocolates for half off!) and perusing the handbags (Love LOVE the Brown Luella Suzi and Baby G - time to retire my green Baby G perhaps?) then off to put in our take-out at King of Thai and then last stop: H&M. I hate that store! Well, that particular one (on Post). It's so freakin' hot and so many people. I told the husband, maybe because it's so new so the novelty is still there...but the 5th Avenue store in NY is way better. Maybe when the crowd dies down a bit, we'll go back but for now, stay away! And they need to turn up the AC.