More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

vendredi, avril 14, 2006

Tom Cruise will come and get me...

Last night at the mall, my mom got suckered in by one of the kiosks with a sign that says "Free Stress Test". In my mom's view, she wanted to see if her stress at work would be 'diagnosed' by this little kiosk and provide solution or whatever. What my poor mother didn't realize that the FREE stress test was the Scientology Church's way of luring you in and preaching about their (so-called) religion.

Ok - so before I start stepping on people's toes - let me clarify...

I understand that everyone has their own faith, just as I have mine. I recognize that each faith wants to introduce their religion to anyone who might be interested in learning. I don't not accept other religion, but just the same, I want them to respect my own faith and beliefs and not push their religion down people's throats. And what I hate is how this little kiosk mask their intention by offering FREE stress tests. If you are out to recruit people, go out and say it.

So after walking out of the toy store and asking where mom is, Dad pointed that she's sitting at the kiosk, talking to this lady. I walked up and found my mom reading pamphlets about Scientology. I just went up to her and said "we gotta go mom!" and the lady snapped at me and said "Can you give us 5 more minutes?" I got pissed and flat out said "MOM, this is so against your religion!" OHHH - I think I saw the lady's eyes turn green! (This is a joke - whoever among you have read weird things about Tom Cruise and Scientology and aliens and stuff, this is where I get it from, ok?) Ok - so maybe I don't know anything about Scientology, but I hate it that they won't admit that it is their religion and make it out to be some neutral, non-religion stuff. Anyways, so my mother gets up and starts walking away, and the lady asked me "Just out of curiosity, what have you heard about Scientology?" This was my chance to ask her about Tom Cruise, but I thought I'd hold back :). I just said that I really am not interested in learning about it. That is her deal, her faith and so be it and I have my own beliefs and so be it. (Ok...maybe my words weren't exactly as polite). And she kept going on and on as we walked away, and she said my point of view was "very interesting" and I turned around and responded "isn't it?" and continued to walk away. I swear I could feel the green eyes burning through the back of my head. HA!

We got home and I told the Big Guy, I won't be shocked if Tom Cruise can find me and question my 'glib' of an opinion about Scientology. (Ok..that 'glib' comment is again a joke, if you all watched him on the Today show with Matt Lauer, you'd get what I mean!)

It's Good Friday - man, I'm such a b*tch on one of the most solemn observed day in my religion. This is enough for me today.

No meat today...

(Yesterday was a SUPER nice spring day but from the looks of it outside, it seems like we're back to the same ol' crappy weather!)

(I chopped my hair off yesterday - well, I got it cut and didn't do it myself although I've been so tempted. It's just that it's super hard to get an appointment for a hair cut and finally, after months and months, I got squeezed in. I decided to chop it all off, well...atleast 7" of it! I miss the length but this morning, it's looking kinda cute!)