(Belated) Baby Daddy Day
Yesterday was a busy day, with us driving all over the Bay Area to celebrate Father's Day with all of our significant and important Baby Daddies.
Lunch was at the IL's, with FIL cooking up yummy rib eye and tri-tip BBQ! Yummm-EEE! Since the IL's had to go somewhere after lunch, we (the kids and the kids' kids) just hung out around the house and talked smack a little bit until we all had to head out (us to celebrate with my Dad and the SIL to be with BIL's Dad).
Father's Day celebration was at my brother's this year - since he's token umarried one, we got him to do all the prepping and cooking for dinner ;). My Baby Daddy was relieved of his usual BBQ duties to swim with me and Jake, while my Dad relaxed.
It was a great, simple Father's Day celebration.
As an ode to my Baby Daddy... I'm going to stop with the usual senseless contents of my blog to tell you how much I love my husband. He truly is my best friend and my other half. (I don't know that he's necessarily my BETTER half -- who could be better than me, after all -- but he's half nonetheless.)
As any modern girl knows, the matters of every day life count just as much as old-fashioned romanticism. And from a practical perspective, he has always been a "modern" sort of guy, splitting household chores with me 50/50. Okay, more like 60/40. With him doing the 60. For the past four years that we have been married, I don't think that I cooked more than ten times. He takes out the trash. He does all of the 'icky' work (like dumping the diaper pail or squatting a spider). Oh nuts - I'm making myself look bad. What do I do? I'm the official laundry woman. I do the dishes. I spread my beautiful aura throughout the whole house. Okay, let's amend that to say that the housework might be divided more like 70/30. With him doing the 70. But I offer him lots of moral support. Really.
You know what has made me love him more than anything else, though? Watching him be a father to the little boy. We never really planned on getting pregnant right away after getting married, but when we found out we did, we dove right in head first! I honestly can't imagine another person being a better co-parent than he is to our little boy. This is one area where things truly are fifty-fifty. We both love Jake with all of our hearts, and we make sure he knows it. Sure, we divide up duties. He is the official bath giver, and the expert on putting train tracks together. I'm in charge of cutting Jake's nails and cleaning his ears, selecting his (and The Big Guy's) garments each day in order to guarantee perfect matchiness, the official "weekend planner", as well as handling Jake's occasional temper tantrums. When I wasn't working, I was in charge of Jake from the minute he woke up, but when the Big Guy comes home, he rolls up his sleeves and takes that sometimes annoying boy away from me right away with very minimal complaint. He and I are truly equal partners in this adventure, and I can't imagine it being any other way. We never really discussed it, that's just the way it turned out. And there was no need to discuss it beforehand, because I knew that this was the way that it would be. That's the kind of man that I married.
I love you, sweetie. Even if your idea of wooing me these days is grabbing at my ass while I walk by you in the kitchen and singing "I like big butts and I cannot lie..." You are such a romantic at heart!


0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home