More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

lundi, septembre 25, 2006

One of my worst fears...

...is coming home to hear that the little boy was bullied at school :(
Bullies exist at that age? How scary is that?

Jake was talking to the Big Guy on their way to school last week and he mentioned that he doesn't want to go to school. Apparently, another boy (B) hit him in the chest with a toy. Now, Jake sometimes has tendencies of making stories up - and at first, I thought this was one of those moments. But Jake is also at the stage when he can fully relay to you anything you ask him to. So we sat him down and talked to him about it - and the same story came out of his mouth. This time we knew he wasn't just making it up. His fear of B hitting him again made him not want to go to school, and made the last 2 days of last week hard because he cried on both days. Papa (my dad) picked Jake up from school early on Friday, after I emailed him to let him know about the hitting incident.

Today - my dad talked to Ms N and told her about what Jake told us. Apparently, Jake isn't the only one that's been bullied by B. Another boy complained to his mom about getting hit and my dad got there in time to see Ms N talking to B's mom. Ms N told my dad that they are now observing B in class, and if another incident happens again, that "actions" might be taken. Ooohhhh....

We discussed the whole hitting issue with Jake again this weekend, and we taught him that if he is "mad" at somebody, to just walk away instead of hitting. He repeated it back a couple of times, so hopefully it sticks. And we reinforced over and over again that is never good to hit back, even if he wants to.

I'm so scared that things like this happen in preschool.
IN PRESCHOOL for crying out loud!!

On the lighter side - Jake's clothes for Fall came in the mail the other day. I'm so happy!! :) Thank goodness for Old Navy - he's pretty much set for Fall. I got him atleast 12 pieces of clothing and it all cost me under $100! Got to love that! Plus free shipping? Hello! The clothes are cheap enough ($7 for khakis?!?! Love. It.) that it won't hurt me (and my pocket) if he gets them all messed up at school. Now if I can only find a way to stop his feet from growing like weeds...

Libellés :

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

I'm sorry to hear that Jake was bullied! I hope things get resolved.

got the gift. loved it! thanks so much.

lundi, octobre 02, 2006 8:02:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home