Oops I Did It Again!
Well, not exactly the same but...
I had a nasty fall yesterday at work where I managed to throw myself down the stairs, accidentally of course! I was on my way to lunch with C when I got handed a catalog for new gift ideas and I needed to pick samples to be sent right away. I managed to peruse the catalog while going down the first time, and in the back of my head I was thinking "I need to close this before I trip and fall". So .. do I really need to explain what happened next?
Fine...
Next thing I knew, I literally saw my face about to kiss the steps. I must've rolled down 6 or 7 steps, 3/4 down the staircase when all of a sudden, I was sitting on my butt with my hands on my lap. Can I get any more graceful? I fall down a flight of stairs and still manage to be girly-girly at the end. A, our handy all-around guy in the office was in my face the second I stopped rolling down the stairs, ready to catch me. What a sweetie! But I think I almost gave him a coronary because he looked more pale than I was. It was crazy! Frighteningly scary. You know how you see it in movies when people fall down the stairs and they just keep falling and rolling and falling and the next thing you see is a knocked-out body at the foot of the stairs? I guess in my head I didn't want to be the THAT body so somehow, I managed to pull myself together and land on my butt, 3 steps shy of finishing the whole leg. Damn I'm good!
The weird thing was, I was fine. The only thing I felt was a scratch and some redness on my left foot. My foot was as red as my shoe but other than that, I was fine. The husband said it might have been the adrenaline. Maybe. Maybe the embarassment as well. I wasn't limping - but I was scared about my right knee. The same right knee that I dislocated resulting from a skiing accident 9 years ago, and the same knee that I quasi-popped out of socket the night before my SIL's wedding 5 years ago. So yeah, I was scared. I didn't want to get surgery for it if I really messed it up!
By the time I got home, I was limping. Thank goodness for cruise control - or else it would've been agonizing to drive home. By night time, I had visible black-and-blue bruises on both legs. My tush? Definitely bummed (no pun intended). The husband, bless his heart, got me a knee brace and some Icy Hot to alleviate some of the pain. By morning time, there was a golf ball-sized swelling, which was so not pretty. We decided it was time to get seen by the doctor. I thought it best to just head to the ER, since if we go to our Primary Doctor, he's just going to send me for xrays anyway so might as well go.
My PA was really nice (and admired my engagement/wedding rings much to my husband's flattery) and checked everything and convinced me to do a worker's comp form just in case. We were in the ER for 4 1/2 hours and by the end, I was advised to be on crutches and a leg immobilizer (ahh, fond memories of years past). Jake is amused by my crutches. I think he wants to try to use them :).
I told the husband "I guess no walking this weekend" (our exercise)... "but I can go to the mall :)"
I was given Vicodin and prescribed more for pain relief. It made me light-headed and loopy, definitely.
I'm going back to work tomorrow. Trust me, I'm taking the elevator this time.
Libellés : Whatever


2 Comments:
ahh, seems like we are a pair of clutzes.
I hope you feel better soon!
I tell ya, those stairs are deadly! I agree, better take the elevator next time.
Hope you're feeling better.
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home