More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

mercredi, juillet 18, 2007

It seems never enough...

...the ridiculous amount of shoes I have.

I have a hallway closet full of shoes. And every single morning, without fail, I feel like I don't have any to wear. I've been working at this new job for 5 weeks now, and I have been living off of my brown Havaianas (to wear in the train) and then change into any one of my gazillion ballet flats, depending on what color I feel like taking with me for the day. I could just as easily wear any other pair, since the walk from the station to work isn't all that far so I can muster up enough courage to wear pain-inducing shoes. But for some reason, I opt not to. And so I feel like, every single day, I am on a mission to look for shoes. I don't even care what kind at this point. I just feel like I don't have any (which I'm sure my husband will disagree).

My husband will for sure disagree with this. I can almost hear his giggle of disbelief. As he will point out for sure, I have a closet full of shoes. His shoes (all 3 of them) aren't even welcome inside my Hall of Shoes. When we moved in, I even meticulously labeled each and every plastic shoe bin with its appropriate 'title' - as if I can't see what's inside!! With exceptions of really pricey shoes, I discarded all of the shoe boxes that the shoes came with to have that uniformed look with all of my shoes. (My crazy self will take a picture one of these days for show and tell). You would think, with being organized, that I would know exactly what I have, what I would need and what I can do without.

I have about 5 pairs of running/tennis/athletic shoes. Somehow I only manage to wear 1 out of the 5, and yet I feel like I need to hold on to the other 4 just. in. case. I recently purchased a pair of really cute (gulp) Prada flats - because they looked cute online. And with my apparent current fascination with flat shoes, I thought this new purchase would be perfect. Have I worn them? Hell freakin' no! I have my favorite red shoes that I got 3 years ago. And my favorite red shoes have made me very happy for a long time :). But now, it feels like I need another red pair - patent, preferrably - to add on to my growing list of flats.

With our vacation coming up, and outfits being strewn together, I realized I NEED a neutral-colored pair of sandals. WHAT? I actually don't own one? Well, I do. I own 2 actually. Somehow I feel like it doesn't go with what I'm looking for. What am I looking for? I have no freakin' idea.

Don't even get me started on purses... that's a whole can of worms I'm not ready to open just now!

** Happy Birthday Inna (albeit one day late!). My niece turned 11 yesterday. It's so hard to believe!


Libellés : ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

gaah, tell me about it, jo. i don't think i have enough flats so at least once a week when i go out to lunch, i always feel im on a mission to get that 'one thing that will go well with any outfit'. and yet, my pile (like you, some unworn) says otherwise.

i try to impose the guilt trip on myself as often as i can to avoid buying again.

mercredi, juillet 18, 2007 6:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hey Jo, Have fun on your trip. You'll go crazy with the abundance of food during your cruise.

jeudi, juillet 19, 2007 4:36:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home