Where did my voice go?
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday...
- with Jake crying like "AHHH" kind of cry. I was so not ready to wake up that way.
- walking out of the room, with a heavy-ass 4 year old who refused to be put down only to find out the husband was MIA. I frantically ran around the house, just in time for him to walk in the front door to hear my "Where have you been" instead of a good morning greeting. Turns out he went out for a walk - which I would've known had I turned around and read the note he left by the tv.
- and my throat was freakin' hurting! Like someone had a field day choking me the night before kind of hurt. It really hurts!
So as if that's not enough - we were aiming to be up and ready to hit the 11am mass across the street but NO... my internal psychie had other plans. I was putting make-up on and realized I had to open another jar of foundation as my old one ran out from the last use. I knew it too - peeling off the tape from the shaker, that the plastic lid came off slightly and right when I tapped the container on to the lid, the whole thing just spilled out! All over my table - all over my jeans! UGGH!!!!!! The husband came to the rescue and salvaged what he could but still - that got me all p-o'ed and all worked up with matching huffin' and puffin'. We ended up going to a later mass all the way in Santa Clara. Nice huh?
After church and running a few errands, we headed home with the intention of going through our crap in the garage and do a quick garage sale before we leave for our vacation. We were doing good and were on a roll as to what is to toss, to sell, to return (gasp) or to keep. In between, I was doing loads of laundry which made me all comfy on the couch and I ended up taking a nap and leaving the husband on his own. Jake woke up from his nap - and the original plan was to head out again to return some stuff from the shopping frenzy we did the day before but because my throat was already hurting - I asked (no more like threw a fit) to be left alone. I ended up taking a nap for 3 hours - waking up at 8:30 with the boys already having dinner.
I don't know what happened to my throat... but it's no fun at all!
* * * * *
We met up with friends for some retail therapy in Colma before heading down to San Bruno for some good ol' Filipino home cooked meal at Ihaw Ihaw. The food was good, and although I always say it's almost illegal to pay for a meal that you can have at home, this was a great place to hit with friends who love to eat as much as you do. I was loving everything and the halo-halo was to great although next time, I would ask them to skip the colorful stuff and just give me the beans and the mango ice cream.
Because we managed to stuff ourselves like crazy - we thought it best to walk around somewhere to burn off all of the cholesterol we inhaled (gotta love Filipin food, you know?). We ended up at Hillsdale Mall in San Mateo. The husband scored a shirt at the Gap, got Jake some flip-flops at the Disney Store and next thing we knew, we were talking about dessert! Again!
So off to Bistro Luneta we go - just to try out the desserts and coffee. The place was.. um.. refreshing. It was nice to go and have a Filipino dish, fusion-style. The place was nice - definitely not your run-off-the-mill Filipino restaurant. And it's not family style, for a change :). I loved the coffee - I couldn't get enough of it. Aside from the coffee and the barako creme brulee`, the other desserts were a bore. I think it can better although I think I need to eat there for the whole meal and not just dessert to get the full experience. Other than that, it was ok.
Well, I'm heading out in 2 minutes. I'm really feeling like crap!
One more day - then a respite on Hump Day! Yowza!!!!
Libellés : Friends, Retail Therapy


0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home