Baby, It's Cold Outside
Dinner at Ana Mandara's in SFSince the Big Guy and S both celebrate their birthdays in November, Es and I thought of taking both dads out to dinner to celebrate instead of throwing a party. Dinner then was set at Ana Mandara, Don Johnson's Vietnamese (fusion) restaurant in San Francisco. The place was great (reminiscent of Crustaceans but better) and the food was excellent (albeit a teeny bit pricey). We all enjoyed our meal, even the kids. Other tables kept looking over at our table, maybe out of amusement or amazement. Our table constantly lit up with camera flashes - we of course had to take pictures of Jake and Emma for posterity. Either that or they were amazed that we would be so brave in taking two toddlers to an expensive restaurant. While others were busy sipping their vintage, we had markers and papers on our table, Dora toys, Asian chips, baby wipes, etc... As you can see, being a parent doesn't mean you have to stop enjoying the fine things in life..you just have to tailor it to accommodate your kids :). After dinner, we headed on over to Justin Herman Plaza so the kids can watch the ice skating. They both wanted to go in but the line for each session was way too long. Maybe next time...
It's getting way too cold outside. It was such a sight to walk out the door this morning to see frost on the ground. I love, love it! It's too cold to walk though but it's all good. I've always prefered cold weather over hot any day.
It's been quiet here at work since my boss M is traveling for 2 weeks. And because it's been quiet, I've been able to catch up on our gift list and order things online. Atleast half of our list has been ordered - and that's a major accomplishment considering this time last year, we haven't even gotten our tree. Last weekend, amidst coughing and sniffles from my boys, we finally got around to buy our tree. Jake fell asleep so we decorated the tree, much to his amazement when he woke up. The house is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. The pictures for the cards have been ordered and I'm just waiting to receive them in the mail. The labels have been affixed and I just need to write my personal little notes on the newsletter and hopefully by next week, I'll be able to get them out of the way.
So, the debate between what Santa will be getting for Jake, and what we will be in charge of has begun. As of last night, we have asked Santa to get Jake a bike and Mama and Daddy will be in charge of Thomas and Friends, which basically includes this and everything else that goes with it. Where we will stop, I have no idea. We originally wanted to get this but decided that Jake would prefer Thomas instead. We'll see... we have so much time, I'm sure we'll change our minds at the last minute yet again.
The boys are home sick. Jake has had the cold since last week, and now the Big Guy has asthma. The weather is at its full force; I'm just hoping Mr. Winter is kind to our little boy this year and not give him a hard time with his asthma. Last year was a big improvement from the first year, and I just hope it continues...


0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home