More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

samedi, décembre 17, 2005

Holiday Meme...

I got hit by the holiday bug on a cold, rainy Saturday night... Thanks D --

(Incindentally, The Sound of Music is on tonight people...LOVE LOVE this movie...Maria and Liezl are in the parlor about to sing..when Rolf broke Liezl's heart? Remember...?!! I think Liezl is soo so pretty.)

Anyways...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate. Bleah on egg nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He has his elves to help him wrap presents.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

All white - all 700 of them!
4. Do you hang mistletoe?

No
5. When do you put your decorations up?

Ideally we try to put up our decorations within the first week of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Probably turkey since my dad makes THE best turkey (moist and juicy all over), Filipino-marinated style. Arroz Caldo used to be a treat for New Year's Eve since Mom used to make a pot ready for us when we get hungry in the midst of our annual Scrabble match.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

Not so much on Christmas Day or Eve itself, but on the 26th when it's my mom's aunt's wedding anniversary and everyone gets together for the reunion and each family has to 'perform' (sing or dance), and the kids gather around Lola T and Lolo P and they sit in their piano bench and hand out money to everyone. We miss them so much!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I got old enough to recognize that my mom and Santa had the same hand-writing. Hmmmm....
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Yup. Presents from everyone else on Christmas Eve - Presents from the family on Christmas Day - Presents for each other (husband, me and the little one) Christmas Night.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?

Whatever cookies we have in the house, although this year I have to ask Santa, just to make sure the left overs won't go to waste ;).
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

It's nice to play in the snow, look at the snow, but I would dread living where there's snow.
12. Can you ice skate?

I am sooooooo not into that.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

Can I get back to this one? Obviously I don't...but I know there's got to be one...
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
The time spent with my family and the memories I can make for my own family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

We always seem to have Goldilocks stuff at my mom's house, and my MIL's Filipino desserts are the only ones I like, oh and the husband's aunt's leche flan.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Taking our picture for the Christmas card, picking out the tree, decorating the house, writing our newsletter, picking out gifts for everyone.
17. What tops your tree?

A star.
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?

Who doesn’t like receiving :) but I love buying things for the little boy.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?

Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas and Britney Spears "Santa Can You Hear Me?" - Yup, I'm a POP Christmas Song kinda girl.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
They're allllrrrrrrrrright. I don't like the small ones because I think they're a tease. The big ones are cute but I can just imagine the sticky fingers afterwards.