More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

vendredi, avril 21, 2006

Out of Retirement...

I hope the nice weather continues... it's been warm and sunny :).
The Big Guy has been taking Jake out to the park after work since the weather has been nice and all. He and I have been running errands with ease now that I don't have to deal with a toddler and an umbrella in tow. Everything is so lush and green outside with all that rain that we had. It's SOOO pretty!

Anyways - come May 15, I'm going to pull a Michael Jordan and come out of retirement.

An opportunity came up with a great company (and a store which I LOVE love!) and I got the phone call just this week, with a great offer that's hard to resist. I know everyone's asking me about the commute and all, and as daunting as it sounds, it's really not all that bad! I think of it as driving to my IL's house all the time ;). My commute to my last job was actually a lot harder since I had to either take the train, or deal with the horrible traffic just to get in and out of the city. The Big Guy and I talked about it - and reality is, not everyone is lucky enough to work close to home. I was - for 4 years. Now it's time to come out of my little sheltered shell and commute just like every other person out there. I figured, if people older than me can do hour long commutes, why can't I?

I'm excited to work again. Although I'll be honest and say that the minute I hung up the phone after getting the offer, I felt sad about leaving Jake again. I thought I was going to start crying. I've been at home with him for a total of 6 months and it's been great. I don't think I'll trade this experience for anything because I got to spend time with him at an age that he'll remember that I was home with him and we did things together, and we cuddled all the time, and all that good stuff. It's going to be a good thing for him to see me go back to work.

The Big Guy has been so supportive through the nine months that I've been unemployed. He never pressured me to go back to work and every opportunity that I saw, he supported me in. I'm excited to go back to work and contribute (financially) again and get our life back and running again. I'm sure it's going to be another adjustment period - with running the household, getting things ready, and attending to each other and to the little boy, but we are ready to go at it together.

I have a month before I need to report to work... which means I have a month to get the house in order to make things easier for the boys when I'm not around. I've been slowly but surely cleaning and tossing things we definitely don't need to have around. I want to make sure the house is in order before I start working. Call me obsessive compulsive - and I won't even mind ;).

I couldn't be more thankful that my boys (the Big one and the Small one) have been so supportive of me. Our parents have been just as equally great and supportive.

I told my husband - I will give myself a goal to work for so I can find a job that I like and will love... and by golly it worked! What was my goal? To buy any one of these!!!



Happy Friday everyone!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Josephine said...

Thanks Emma! Wish me luck that I don't break down and cry on my first day, wishing I was home with the little tyke.

jeudi, avril 27, 2006 10:27:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home