More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

lundi, avril 17, 2006

Reason to shop...

BFF C's sister and her family arrived from Manila last week, and we were finally able to get together. When she texted to let me know they will be in Union Square on Saturday to do some shopping, I told the husband we had to go see her. Of course, the meeting place was just enough to make me want to go, let alone having a couple of reasons to shop.

Now, I normally don't like driving if the Big Guy is with me. I'm perfectly happy sitting next to him, sleeping or online through my neat little Sidekick. But this time, seeing a bit of apprehension on his part as to where to park, I more than willingly volunteered. It was my territory after all - driving in to the city for the mere purpose of shopping was no big deal for me ;).

We spent atleast 5 hours in the city, and managed to get some stuff for the boy,as well as a cute pair of jellies for Baby E:



We headed over to Neiman's hoping to find some good left over sale for kids clothes but didn't find any for boys. If only I had a girl though - there was a lot of Juicy girls stuff on sale. So, we moved on over to the next aisle to get some chocolate goodies for Ninang N, as well as to try some for ourselves.

These chocolates have intrigued us eversince we saw it featured on the Food Network and we just had to try it. We tried the Black Pearl Bar, which has Japanese ginger, wasabi, black sesame seeds and dark chocolate. It's definitely different - really good and rich, but different. We are dying to try the Red Fire Bar, which has Mexican ancho and chipotle chili peppers, Ceylon cinnamon and dark chocolate, as well as their other flavors. I'm sure the truffles are also to die for!
(One tip though - it's cheaper if you order directly from the company than buying it at Neiman's).


Oh and before I forget...I scored me some kick ass sandals too. Thanks for indulging me, Big Guy! I can't wait for it to stop raining so I can wear my new friends :)


It's finally sunny today - is this weather going to get better from now on? Everything looks so pretty outside..so green...so colorful. I know all that rain did good to clean out the air and all, but I just hope it's all done and over with and we can go on with Spring.

Don't forget to file your taxes - today's the last day!!! We're mailing ours today..YIKES!

Jake woke up this morning - almost had a heart attack to find out that all of his candy was gone. Was I bad in saying maybe the Easter Bunny ate it all while we were sleeping?