More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

vendredi, juin 23, 2006

The Karma God got me good!

So on Tuesday, because I was feeling lazy to get up, called in late to work saying I got a flat tire. All was well and dandy and I came in to work all chirpy because I got to squeeze in an hour extra of sleep time.

Since Wednesday, we've been spending the night up at SIL's since my dad has a retreat this weekend, and no one can watch Jake. Since SIL is on summer vacation, she can watch Jake and at the same time, he can play with his cousins. So - SIL/BIL live in a brand new community, brand new as in the neighborhood isn't even completed yet. That means, construction going on in the neighborhood, dust, debris....and nails.

And this morning, as I was getting into the Jeep to head to work (which is only 8mins away), this guy was waving at me from across the street, walking towards the car. He was a contractor from the development and told me that he saw my flat tire this morning and wondered whose car it was (from which house). Mind you, even with just being 8mins away, I was already running late! So I called SIL and told her about my flat tire; she let me borrow her car so I can go to work (bless her heart!). The Big Guy called FIL and he will come by and take care of my flat tire.

Man - I don't think the Karma God likes my lazy ass, and lazy ass excuse of a flat tire and so he taught me a lesson! SHHHHHHHHHHnap! This all happening. On a Friday. On a really HOT Friday. Man, I just wanted to get through ONE. MORE. DAY and this is what happens.

Ok ok...no more flat tire excuses. Bite me!