More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

jeudi, août 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Mama!

Today is my mom's birthday!
Happy Birthday! We love you!
* * * * *
We were child-less last night. After spending time with his cousins at my nephew Z's birthday party, Jake decided he wasn't coming home for the night and instead sleep over at my sister's. Since when did he make plans on his own?
* * * * *
Over the weekend, we baby-sat our godson J since J&C had a wedding to go to wherein they were part of the wedding and didn't have anyone to watch over J so they called and asked if they can leave J with us during the ceremony and will come back to pick him up for the reception. Of course we happily obliged. J freaked out for a little bit when his parents left, and the husband and I looked at each other like "oh gosh... it's been a while since we've had a little one!" Jake was even a big help in entertaining J. For a while, he only wanted me to carry him and he can't be bothered by anyone else. After a little bit, he decided he wanted to hang out with the boys. He eventually fell asleep in hubby's arms which was the cutest thing. J&C picked him up after 3 hours or so and J was still out napping. Mission accomplished!!!
* * * * *
The following day, C called us wanting to know if we wanted to meet up for lunch. We ended up at Chili's in Santana Row - which seems to be our usual grub place nowadays. It was such a nice day to stroll around. I've been meaning to go get my rings cleaned at our jeweler so it was perfect. I even tried on some earrings, and was ready to buy a pair after narrowing down my choices with the husband and C's help - but I walked out empty-handed. Mainly because the first choice I had the last time we were there was already gone :(. We grabbed some tea. C & I ooh-ed and ahh-ed over clothes at Anthropologie and then we decided to head next door to the mall. The boys had a blast running around the play area before we all decided to part ways for the day. I also made a quick pit stop at babystyle and got Jake a shirt and a couple of knick-knacks for me. They were having a great sale - too bad almost everything I saw were for girls :(.
* * * * *
I briefly saw this purse a while back, but when I saw it last night and saw how roomy and big it is, I couldn't stop oogling about. I even had my husband follow the girl so he can see for himself. He agreed it's nice. I just like how massive it is in person. He agreed I can get it, under the condition that I am not allowed to buy another (over the top) expensive purse for two years. Before I agreed to his demand (tee-hee!), I had to ask what constituted an expensive purse.. just so we had it set in stone. I can still buy purses - just not of this magnitude. By next week, my new purse will be coming home with me :)
** Knowing my self though, I'd have my mind set on a different one come next week.

Libellés : , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Jo, i have the MM neverfull and I'm not usually into buying uber-expensive handbags but this just takes the cake. the size and durability soo justifies the price. i put all my junk in it and there seems to be room for more. :)

i kind of feel guilty for buying, but i thought it'll last way longer than my average bag.

and no, i will bet that this won't be your last. ;)

mercredi, août 15, 2007 1:05:00 PM  
Blogger Josephine said...

Ahh..nice to know Abby! Thanks! I have been wanting the Cabas Piano but it's waaaay too much (in my desperate attempts to be quasi-Angelina Jolie and her constant Cabas companion) and so I got excited with the Neverfull. Nelson's weary about the handles - not as thick as the other LV's but it's different and that's why I like it.

mercredi, août 15, 2007 1:40:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home