More Green Mangoes...

More of my daily grunts: What makes me happy, what makes me sad, what ticks me off and what makes me mad! This is the Chronicles of a Working Mom, a Full Time Wife and a Girly Girl :)

mercredi, août 08, 2007

I'll be damned!!

Ok so yesterday over dinner, I reminded the husband that today is L-the-Ex's wedding day.

So L-the-Ex and the husband aren't BFF's; they aren't even friends. They are however, civil to each other and because of their respective line of work, they can't help but run into each other once in a while. I was even joking that they were email buddies at one point early on in the year, when the husband was helping L-the-Ex out with his paperwork issues at school. Isn't that ironic?

Anyways, when I mentioned to the husband about L's destination wedding (he's getting married in Hawaii today although I forgot which island) - my husband's eyes lit up with the most mischievous look ever! See - I don't think I ever mentioned that my SIL and family are currently in Hawaii. To attend a wedding.

Now you know why I almost choked on what I was eating? I always knew the world is too small to talk smack about others, but I really am hoping that it's not THAT small that my SIL ends up attending my ex-boyfriend's wedding!!! It would help if I remember which island L's getting married at because SIL is in Oahu right now. That would solve the guessing game :).

** The husband called MIL to ask if she knew what wedding SIL was attending in Oahu. Turns out to be a different wedding - the groom wasn't L-the-Ex. Hahaha!

The husband just thinks the whole thing is funny. I think it's a mean trick if you ask me :0)!!!

In any case, congratulations to L-the-Ex and T! All the best!!

* * * * *

So at the store last night, Jake started throwing a fit when we told him we weren't getting him a toy. We were there to look for a gift for my nephew Z which just made it pure torture for the little boy.
Jake: "But. I. just. want. to. buy. something. to. night!"
Me: "Do you have money? Because if you do, you can get whatever you want."
Jake: "Noooooooooo!"
Daddy: "What about a pink Dora bag?"
Jake: "I. am. not. a. girl!!!"

Jake: "Daddy. You are giving me a heart attack!"
Where in the world does this boy get his vocabulary from?

Other Jake-isms lately...

(Driving past Valero - the local gas station):
"Daddy, how come we never eat the Large Hotdog and Medium Drink?"
The husband looks around and saw the sign by the door - true enough, it was an ad for a large hotdog and a medium drink.

Jake: "How come we never go to Best Buy!"
WHAT?!?!?!?!?

While out having dinner at In and Out --
Jake: "I wish Grandma was here"
Me: "Oh that's nice Jake. Why do you say that?"
Jake: "Because I know she likes In and Out"
Me: "But Jake, Grandma doesn't eat beef."
Jake: "But Grandma's nice."
Nelson: "You say Grandma is nice because she buys you things"
Me: "How come Grandma never buys me anything?"
Jake: "Because you don't go shopping with her!"

While driving around looking for a place to eat dinner --
Daddy: "What about McDonalds?"
Jake: "I can't eat McDonalds. My karate teacher said I can't eat McDonalds"
Daddy: "What about Subway?"
Me: "I don't feel like eating Subway"
Me: "I just want to go somewhere quick and cheap"
Jake: "But cheap is not good!"
Me: "Says who?"
Jake: "What about the Chinese place? The one we went to when I was 3"
What Chinese place?

He's a very funny boy and the things that come out of his mouth make us gasp at times.

* * * * *

So the vacation story is almost done... I just hope it will still be worth the read.

Toodles!!!

Libellés : ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

LOL at "heart attack"!

too funny, jo!:D

mercredi, août 08, 2007 4:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Too funny. It's all about the chow!

mardi, août 14, 2007 10:17:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home